Chapter 8 put to bed

By Tibs, in Arkham Horror League

With a chunk of new possible investigators, I got to use four characters I had not used before. My girlfriend nearly did a flaming space somersault when she saw that both Amanda and Mandy were available. But since Amanda has been used so much, she settled on using Mandy Thompson and Mark Harrigan. I had Leo Anderson and Diana Stanley.

Now, Glaaki and Shudde M'ell are infamous for being quite challenging. But seeing them together did not bother me. I've already gone through hell taking out the Ithaqua/Shub-Niggurath team, and there's no way this could be worse—this time we had clues, and the Curiositie Shoppe (which we didn't even end up using)!

Mandy started with an Elder Sign, which was kind of neat. Mark started with Mythos Lore, which was hilarious. It's always nice having a character with 2 maximum sanity running around with piss-poor will and a flamethrower.

There was one terror increase, caused by a Dimensional Shambler who immediately jumped into a vortex after it spawned. The Servant of Glaaki that appeared was luckily the one who ate spells, so only one spell was lost. There were only three earthquakes, too.

Leo started with Earl Sawyer, so he was able to prevent a lot of stamina loss to himself and the team. This helped protect against a Chthonian that came out early in the game.

Right before Leo sealed his last gate, Mandy got an encounter where she ran into Eric Colt. She met the join conditions, and then realized that Eric was the guy who ran away when the terror level went up. So she got the compensation prize of 3 clues! I don't know if recording our clues between scenarios matters anymore, but if it does then that was a nice encounter to get.