Is this out yet?

By Mr Skeletor, in Android

Man what's the hold up, feels like I have been waiting forever for this game to come out!

They only publicly announced the game less than a week ago.

Yeah? No excuse for not giving it me today! I'm Generation X! I demand instant-gratification!

Oh my god, I saw the box cover. This game is obviously imbalanced! Has anyone got fixes to fix the player imbalances?

Mr Skeletor said:

Oh my god, I saw the box cover. This game is obviously imbalanced! Has anyone got fixes to fix the player imbalances?

happy.gif

Are not the "personas" in the game supposed to be imbalanced (i.e. mentally that is) gran_risa.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist...

The game does look intriguing...fitting it in my budget could be a problem as I already plan to get Tomb of Ice for Descent which I am trying to budget for right now.

Ernie Z, at LoTech games here in Dallas, says he's expecting this in the next week or so. Can someone at FFG answer this one? Why is it so hard to predict when these games will be available to the public? What is the mystery? I'm not griping; just curious.

TK

That's a really good question, and one that I'll write an article about in the near future. The short answer is that we never know for certain how long production and shipping will take. We certainly don't want to promise that a game will be on your local store's shelf on March 17th, then have the boat hit rough seas and take an extra few days, or have the US Customs Service hold it for random special inspection (as has happened on occasion), thus causing us to miss the date.

We let retailers and distributors know when a game hits our warehouse in Minnesota, then when we begin shipping it out, it takes about a week to end of at your local store.

In this case, Android will be released from distributors on Monday the 8th, so if your local shop picks their games up directly from the distributor's warehouse, you could have it that day. Most shops will get it a day or two after that.

- Jeremy @ FFG

I'm still amazed that this game went to release so quickly after being announced. Nothing wrong with that, of course, since it means more games for me. It's just impressive compared to my past experience with FFG products.

More like the actual box itself is imba rather than the game: it is so imbalanced, I heard of a player in BGG dropping his box and splitting its seams.