"I'm so emo", or How I Learned to Love My Supernatural Heritage: Multi-part Regional Report

By MegaGeese, in UFS Tourney Reports

Part two completed.

Next time, tune in for Saturday's events!

Yeah. totally an accident on that Waitress. Mhm.

MegaGeese said:

Justin and Ron end up winning by DQ, as Chris and Froo both have Bitter Rivals in their decks (d'oh). Prizes are divvied up, and about this time Shinji makes it there with Jay and Ronlin (please tell me I spelled this semi-accurately), who were both really cool. Everyone's tired as hell by the time they get there, though, so I think Ron and Justin had gone to sleep, and I was basically a zombie sitting by the front door. We pack up and leave with Shinji in tow, occasionally stopping to let him catch up with Luke and R2 :)

Brian, Scuba, and Chris head to Wal-Mart to pick up stuff for tomorrow, so I stay home and enjoy someone complimenting my Koolaid xD I give Shinji total access to my Set 10-12 stuff, so he comes up with his Mina deck at some point in time here (turning down my semi-decent Astrid deck in the meantime, haha). Everyone gets back, and so I crawl into bed and finally manage to get some sleep somewhere around 3 AM.

Ronalene, but perhaps interestingly enough, we actually just call her Lin. It got kinda confusing at Singles, because both Lin (Ronalene) and the other Lin are Asian >_> <_< ...

Also, your Astrid deck was pretty bawss, and had I known Lin was gonna run Brian's Astrid, I would've asked to borrow yours so she'd have access to those Paying Respects =)

As for Seong Mi-Na, I built her at the shop as hastily as I could. I actually had Good *Mignon* built, but ditched it in a last minute effort to go with a character I was somewhat familiar with. Although I'm extremely proud of how I did, I'm interested in what would've happen if I gay Jay Seong Mi-Na, and I had access to his Fire Akuma >:]

MegaGeese said:

April: Yep. You just let him THINK he was running it. We do what the white people say. I know because Jacob told me XD

Justin: Stop being tall and maybe I will =(

*jealousy*

Lin: Yeah, I remembered when Brian busted in my room last night and got all mad, heh. Then I remembered: "Oyeah, I called it 'The Gorgeous Team Plus Brian" =P (and don't spoil the ending, dangit!)

Writing the next part now.

Not my problem you're short :( . Also you made my zangief deck sound boring :(

It WAS an accident! Nobody believed me at the time, either =(

Ronalene, got it.

Donate some height to charity =( I did? I thought it way pretty funny, since at least one of those attacks is a throw, and thus guaranteed to make it into momentum, and 'gief mills a card every attack. As much as I hated staring it down, it was pretty hilarious getting pinged to death by the Red Cyclone, especially running a character who NEGATES burn damage xD

We really need to have a rematch. You guys outplayed the hell out of us, seriously. It was a lot of fun =D

MegaGeese said:

We really need to have a rematch. You guys outplayed the hell out of us, seriously. It was a lot of fun =D

Ditto that. The match against Shelby and yourself was the most fun I had at the tournament. As strong as Tira used to be, she's really fragile in the current meta, with all the huge pumps available to throw nowadays. My whole strategy was to make sure Justin got his condition off and draw all the attack to me. Justin played it perfectly, but you guys still had me wary. Wakeen we need to play against each other more, because it's always a pleasure.

Marco: I considered that, and you're absolutely right, if you get it off it would work. My statement was just that I don't see it happening, it's solid on paper, but you have to be able to draw and play what you need in 4 turns. By no means is it impossible to best my deck, I just felt it was the more consistent, and therefore more reliable option. Unfortuantely, I don't have the means to have 4 copies of Lord of the Makai in my deck. And the score represents my total points after bonuses, which is what mattered. I completed the entire sequence in just over a minute. I'm sure with more time, one could amass an even more impressive initial attack.

Sure, and I can definitely see how Chester + Tsunami = pain. We'll see in time how my build goes, and luckily I can tutor Whereabouts using Clean Rematch =)

I would totally try a Void Nova Chester deck, with Path of the Master, and the Chaos, Good, and Water seals, and maybe Boxing Ring.

Good report megageese so much fun this weekend all my players are jealous of everything that went down.

Scubadude said:

Good report megageese so much fun this weekend all my players are jealous of everything that went down.

WE never even got to play =/

But hey, now I owe two people matches. No promises yet, but lookin forward to Worlds :)

Am I the other one? If not, I am TOTALLY dissapointed in you. > :(

Eithinis said:

Am I the other one? If not, I am TOTALLY dissapointed in you. > :(

That you are mon frere

As was proposed, we need to start having our big Texas UFS meetings in Dallas.

I propose we either get another regional, or just send out the message Marco Polo style and have everyone in Texas meet up in Austin > :( (and try to have said meeting when there aren't already better events surrounding the date >_>...)

MarcoPulleaux said:

Scubadude said:

WE never even got to play =/

But hey, now I owe two people matches. No promises yet, but lookin forward to Worlds :)

I really wanted to ask you before you took the deck apart but I was so drained from the weekend after the finals and top 4 match lol .

Scubadude said:

I really wanted to ask you before you took the deck apart but I was so drained from the weekend after the finals and top 4 match lol .

Perhaps interestingly enough, I didn't take the deck apart until just yesterday >_>

But like I said, there'll be other opportunities. Now that I'm aware that burning-away money to play UFS is worth burning money, I'm going to start looking in to doing so as an expenditure =)

Eithinis said:

I would totally try a Void Nova Chester deck, with Path of the Master, and the Chaos, Good, and Water seals, and maybe Boxing Ring.

Before Chester got rotated, Omar made a Power of the Light Chester mill deck off of Air, and if i recall, he splashed in BRT and some other stuff.

In 3 turns, I was milled.

Yeah.

HolyDragonCloud said:

Eithinis said:

Before Chester got rotated, Omar made a Power of the Light Chester mill deck off of Air, and if i recall, he splashed in BRT and some other stuff.

In 3 turns, I was milled.

Yeah.

Yeah, me and Guitalex talked about a power of the light chester a while back, it seemed disgusting

I remember that idea being floated in the Air event discussions... sounded **** fun, I went with EMAO Sagat tho :P

wheres part 3 yo? i want to reaad

I was working on the last part when my computer crashed before I could save it <_<

And I'd just gotten to the start of the finals. Noooooooo ;_;

MegaGeese said:

I was working on the last part when my computer crashed before I could save it <_<

Doh!

MegaGeese said:

computer crash for the loss!