Looking for more Fluff

By Bazin, in Dark Heresy

Kage2020 said:

The only thing that I'm referring to is the... noosphere, IIRC.

That's one of the things introduced in both books. In Titanicus , the Noosphere is a standard way of sending and interacting with information. In Mechanicum , it's still something new to the Mechanicum (as they referred to themselves at the time), the product of one of the forge-cities, and only starting to spread to a couple of others when the Heresy reaches Mars.

The other technology referred to frequently - again, for machine interface and communication - is Haptic s, which are essentially an advanced form of feedback system, providing a physical response to otherwise wireless interactions (common in Titans - it's long been described that the Princeps of a Titan 'feels' impacts against his Engine's armour, this is how. It's apparently a lot more widespread than that, however).

And, given the number of Tech-Priests present in both books, it does present a range of characterisations for them...

N0-1_H3r3 said:

That's one of the things introduced in both books.

Thanks for the clarification, NH. Again, I haven't bought GW material for quite some time because I've gotten used the disappointment of my expectations not being met. I'll look forward to Mechanicum in the hopes that it doesn't flog that 'ole poor horse... preocupado.gif

Kage