New player questions...

By Physician2, in Talisman Rules Questions

1) When you visit a space that gives you a choice of what to do (ie. City) do you HAVE to choose one of the three options given you? Or can you choose to just do nothing there?

2) If you are turned to a toad while on the Crown of Command space you drop all your stuff. Are you able to pick your stuff back up again after toad wears off? Can another player come land on the space with you and take your stuff?

3) While on the Crown of Command are you able to cast other spells? Or can you just cast the command spell?

4) Do you cast the command spell on the same turn that you enter the crown of command? Or do you wait until your next turn?

5) Poltergeist follower: It says on the card you can only lose the follower by crossing the river, either by bridge, raft, or ferry. What if you are teleported across the river? Do you lose the follower? Also, are you able to sacrifice the Poltergeist to the vampires?

Thanks for any responses.

Physician said:

1) When you visit a space that gives you a choice of what to do (ie. City) do you HAVE to choose one of the three options given you? Or can you choose to just do nothing there?

2) If you are turned to a toad while on the Crown of Command space you drop all your stuff. Are you able to pick your stuff back up again after toad wears off? Can another player come land on the space with you and take your stuff?

3) While on the Crown of Command are you able to cast other spells? Or can you just cast the command spell?

4) Do you cast the command spell on the same turn that you enter the crown of command? Or do you wait until your next turn?

5) Poltergeist follower: It says on the card you can only lose the follower by crossing the river, either by bridge, raft, or ferry. What if you are teleported across the river? Do you lose the follower? Also, are you able to sacrifice the Poltergeist to the vampires?

Thanks for any responses.

As far as I understand,

1) Yes, you HAVE to choose.

2) Yes and Yes

3) Yes, you can cast other spells and the Spell of Command

4) Yes

5) I would say crossing the river by any means removes the Poltergeist so teleporting would count. I would say you can't sacifice to the vampires though (nor any of the other "negative" followers).

bioball said:

5) I would say crossing the river by any means removes the Poltergeist so teleporting would count.

Only part I disagree with, seeing as how the Poltergeist cards reads: "...either by bridge, raft or ferry." I look at it as the Poltergeist gets antsy when you physically cross water. With teleporting, you cross the River through another dimension perhaps.

Physician said:

1st question Yes if you are alone on the crown of command you can pick up the objects on the next turn after you turn back from a toad.

2nd question No they must encounter you first and defeat you in combat then on a subsequent turn take the items from the space if they are alone on the Crown of Command. (revised 4th edition rules are encounter the space or a character not both, and on the crown of command they MUST enocunter a character if there is one or more on the space).