Mark's can nats report

By Tuesday2, in UFS Uk Forum

Ok so i thought that while everything is fresh i would do this so i bought some computer time down one of these ciber cafes and am now gunna write up a tournament report. First i wanna thank everyone for making me feel so welcome all the lifts that everyone gave me and help play testing over here it was great.

Ok so saturday mornin i get up get ready to get a taxi and shajir rings me askin if i wanna lift (brilliant) so pack my stuff and head off to the con where i have to stand in the longest line in the world lucky i pre wrote my deck list. after over an hour get my badge and go the venue (over the bridge and far away :P ). arrive see everyone getting ready.

After the pre flight announcements round 1 gets paired and i'm against a young man named Jeremey Ray who is playing seong mi-na.

i should say right now that my deck is similar to the one i have been running the last few months only with the lunar rebellions taken out so now i really only have tiger fury to kill with so seeing a 34 health character kinda bumed me:(.

so i sit down and he guesses i'm the 'Brit' :) . We get started and i'm soon facing ira spinta's to the face but because of my manifest i'm able to commit his character down and after what seems like forever i draw 2 tiger fury's and am able to finally kill him (yes it took 2) i side in some stuff and we get into game 2 however time is called with me on 14 health and he can't kill me. he tells me after that he has a store card with him on it so i've done pretty well and i'm like wow ok cool go me happy.gif .

Round 2 comes up and i get paired against a random guy called Andrew Olexia gui%C3%B1o.gif who is playin himself. I know this will be tough as his character is brutal and i'm soon seeing spinta again but i manage to hold out and stablise and finally draw a ways of punishment for the kill. Again we start round 2 (more spinta fun) and when time is called its his turn. He plays tag along for spinta attacks me with it and forgets about my bitter rivals which i use to get rid of his spike woot.

Round 3 comes up and i'm against a gentalman called Charles Moreau who is playin Hilde off order, i get very confused but find out quickly that it is the spiral arrow lock deck with hide instead of gill. Now i have to apploigise at this point as all i remember is winning 2-0 and being very hungery (anyone who knows me will know food is important happy.gif ) so details are bad.

Anyway after round 3 well go grab food (pizza for the win) and chat about decks and what people need to make top 8, we find out there is like 7 chun-li's, 6 Akuma's sad.gif and 4/5 Zei mai's, so i have to hope i keep winning.

Round 4 gets paired and i'm against Mike Lowe who is running Chun li,i had been hearing about this deck from all of team foxhound (canada team) and they thought that it was the best chun li they had seen, however i had a lot of stuff to deal with her (oh yer superior witch ftw). Game 1 i get chesters brt red lotus and manifest destiny out and she gets 1 turn of her ability mid game because i forgot to react with maifest. Game 2 gos just as well with about the same start and manifest just wins so much. my second 2-0 woot.

So i had just spent 2 matchs on table 1 but i had seen akuma's flooting near so i couldn't aford to mess up. Next up was a very nice man called mr Johathan Herr who bore a striking reslemblance to the character he was useing (not sure why gran_risa.gif ). so yer i got to face last years winner and boy what a match, i managed to bluff him into using brt on my tiger fury by making him think that i had a evil plans in my hand for the + 1 damage when i had one down on the board to give me game 1 with ways of punishment having just enough cards. game 2 went into time with him tryin the kill, and he used the wrong attack to brt himself to not fail and could only put me on 3 wow close game.

So i was 5-0 up going into the final round and was hopin that that would be enough, round 6 comes up and i have to face

Matt Kohls (not using himself gran_risa.gif ) playin chun li. He had to win or draw to make it into the top 8 but i don't I.D so we went at it. Game 1 goes really close with me using manifest to commit chun li but him having 2 perfect sence of balances out. eventally he tryed to kill me went spinta into spike however he forgot to lord of the makai on the spinta and so could only multi 1 the spike and left me on 4 life this move had commited most of his board so i was able to tiger fury the turn after. Game 2 ended up going to time on his turn and he ended up throwing spike, hoyoku-sen hoyoku-sen at me and let me on 12 life, due to no memories being amazing (look at that void r)

so i ended the day swiss champ and beating 4 guys with cards to their name, i gotta amit i felt good and happy that i had finally done well.

In the evening we went to a bar/restarant and got drunk wooo.

and so today i came in tired but happy, i had to face shajir in the first round of top 8 he was using the gill arrow lock and i had play tested against him a couple of days before hand.

Game 1 was a mess, late in the game i managed to new low him and throw a tiger fury at him commiting him mostly out however i forgot to use it's own e: so on my next turn i put him down to 6,he then tryed to arrow lock me on his turn but couldn't hack my check and bounce it back because he checked a 3, after digging to find 1. i passed the block and then drew another tiger fury to win. now after that game there was 7 mins left on the round and he had given up,however his teammates didn't let him give in as the only other canadian had lost in the top 8. he rolled his sleave's up and sided into donavan and spike but forgot to take out 1 arrow, i forgot to put my rejections in and at the end of time he had leathal on the board due to spike. So we had to go into round 3, in which i misplayed with akuma going for the kill and forgot to leave foundations up for kun-fu next turn he had the lock on me and so i died.

So thats it i failed england i made too many mistakes and payed the price for it. In the top 4 shajir lost to olexia and jeremy ray lost to the mignon deck (sorry i forget names so much) the final was won by mignon soo woot woot well done sir.

anyway thats my report i will be back for the potm and hope to do better

Peace out

Jesus christ, I never met a player that actually wanted to face chun li hahahaha... good games, and you performed very well. If I hadn't knocked you out in top 8, I am very sure you would have taken the whole thing home. Good show, and 6-0 was vicious

YEAH BABY!!! That report was awesome, Muchos Props to you Mark for representing the UK in such a strong way, and it sounds like you had an absolute blast!

WELL DONE DUDE!!!!

Mark that is a fecking awsome result, and certainly something you should be shouting from the roof tops. To 6 - 0 against some of those names is an achievement in itself, something that few people on here could match, especially me. happy.gif Well done for representing blighty in the colonies, well done for showing we do know how to play and well done for a fecking awsome result dude.

Sweet!!! Well I've already written the email to you but I guess you deserve some grats from this side too mate. Bloody well done! 6-0 against some of the biggest names out there, what can I say, It kills me to say it but I'm glad you took that deck over there, even though I hate its principles to the dam core, it did a bloody good job!

Hopefully next time I will be there with you and we can take our epic matches state side!

- Smithers

Oh yeah man, you really failed the UK. Only 6-0 in swiss? Weak.

Haha.

Awesome result Mark, big grats! aplauso.gif

Congratulations on a well-earned result!

Clearly you failed the UK as you got top of swiss. Sometimes your post makes no sense gui%C3%B1o.gif

Are you going to Gen Con USA?

Well played mate, congratulations.

Making the Top 8 alone against those players is am amazing feat, and doing it 6-0 and Topping the Swiss is the icing on the cake.

Who knows, maybe we've already seen JJ's replacement as UK Champ gui%C3%B1o.gif

Kev

I only lucked it last year on the way the top 8 panned out to be honest. There were a lot less favourable matchups I could have ended up being drawn against in there. Even though the UK player base seems to have shrunk this year, there are at least as many very strong players in contention and Mark is certainly among them.