points or last man standing

By bi0bi0, in StarCraft

do u guys all play for collecting points and making faction missions?

caz i always play for last man standing and never tried points.

if u playd both which mode is more interesting for u?

I like the last man standing too. I think collecting CP-s dont worth it. Especially in a 4-5-6 player game when you need to accumulate lots of CP-s.

So we play survival (with leadership cards except special victory) instead when you get resource tokens, not points. I think it is more enjoyable than the normal game. :)

I play almost all my games collecting points. But I begin to think it's too easy, and not always fair victory. If you play with points, too much depends on map.

However, survival lasts too long for me, so if I someday try a game without CPs, I'll keep "The End Draws Near" cards in event deck.

It's nice in that game you can modify the rules in so many ways.

We usually play with CP but no one cares about them except my brother who ends up winning because he had Victor V since the beginning! I liked playing survival ; I also liked having more ressources from CP !!! Like Cyb3k said, survival is considerably longer, which becomes an important factor on wether we play surv. or not.

We tried Survival thrice, and each time, the game didn't end at all, and we all called it a day after many hours of gaming. Absolutely not enjoyable to me. I always play for points. I absolutely recommend the new variant with three planets per player. :)

as always i play for survival from the day opened the box

it takes 2-3h to finish 1x1 gameplay