fatigue tokens

By snacknuts, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Our party just got the copper level upgrade. Everyone chose the max fatigue upgrade; the problem? There aren't enough fatigue counters (chits) to go around.

Is the token a set limit? simillar to the monster figure limit? Do you use other items to represent the fatigue?

We went with the other token route, need to use the invulnerability potions for something ;)

Also, I seem to remember this question being asked (and answered?) in the sticky unanswered thread, but can't find it :-/

Tokens are limited. It's a resource management game for the heroes. If they start with high fatigue, they'll end up maxing it out quickly. There are only 24 tokens available I believe.

I tend to dissagre...but in the same time I have nothing to back me up but my opinion. Seems prety stupid saying...Mike is tierd...cause we all feel rested.

We play with limited fatigue. I believe there is a counter limit on everything in the game, but otherwise our reasoning is to limit the abuse of fatigue.

Kevin Wilson stated, somewhere in the old Forums, that Health and Fatique Tokens should not be a Limit.

But thats for Health and Fatique only, all other Tokens, and Figures, are limited by its Number.

Ladoik said:

Kevin Wilson stated, somewhere in the old Forums, that Health and Fatique Tokens should not be a Limit.

But thats for Health and Fatique only, all other Tokens, and Figures, are limited by its Number.

That doesn't make a lot of sense. They specifically gave more health tokens for RtL, and never gave additional fatigue. Additionally, there are two GLoAQ entries that deal with similar, though not identical, situations: the first states that RtL is a resource management game and that the heroes must make do with the limited resources available, and the second is a statement about training tokens, saying if one hero hogs them all, too bad for everyone else. I know health/fatigue upgrades are not specifically training tokens, but you think they'd mention that in one of those two places, or at least provide additional fatigue beyond the 24 provided with the base game if the intent were to allow this one stat to break the rules; especially in RtL where they gave us so many (necessary) health counters, and the fatigue are even more necessary from most heroes' perspectives...

got a link?

I came to the board to ask this exact questions! We all did our fatigue training in the bronze age, so we're 1 token short!

I can see the value of having it be a fatigue resource game...but is that the official word? We're considering just writing "5" on 1 side of the a few tokens to give us more!

cawshis said:

I came to the board to ask this exact questions! We all did our fatigue training in the bronze age, so we're 1 token short!

I can see the value of having it be a fatigue resource game...but is that the official word? We're considering just writing "5" on 1 side of the a few tokens to give us more!

Hehe, I like that idea....

I see how it could be reasonable to limit the total fatigue of the group, but it seems a little too limiting if there aren't even enough for everyone in the group to have just 1 fatigue upgrade. Perhaps have 32 fatigue tokens so heroes are limited to on average 8 per hero. That gets about 2 fatigue upgrades per hero, putting aside picking up tiger tattoo or skilled.

Man I would think there would be more than enough fatgiue chits between all the expansions to cover the upgrades.

Big Remy said:

Man I would think there would be more than enough fatgiue chits between all the expansions to cover the upgrades.

Not a single one, actually. There are 24 in the base and no others. Seems pretty **** intentional if you asked me, but you didn't.

This cannot be true. I don't know from which expansion they came, but I just counted 47 fatigue tokens, and I may have missed one or two. I have all the expansions.

Dashakan said:

This cannot be true. I don't know from which expansion they came, but I just counted 47 fatigue tokens, and I may have missed one or two. I have all the expansions.

What? Then you have a second-hand set or something with two base sets mixed in. Or you received an extra punch card or two in error. Check the front of the manuals, the JitD one lists 24 fatigue tokens, all other expansions list none.

pinkymadigan said:

Dashakan said:

What? Then you have a second-hand set or something with two base sets mixed in. Or you received an extra punch card or two in error. Check the front of the manuals, the JitD one lists 24 fatigue tokens, all other expansions list none.

Not a second hand set, all original. I guess it's possible we got 2 punch cards, we did get 2 manuals with Tomb of Ice...

On the road to legend matter....yes you get more tokens for health....but thats because 2 monsters would be able to hog all the health with 100 hp <.<

FWIW - Runebound uses the exact same tokens for health and fatigue. Now that the RTL has basically married the best of Runebound with the best of Descent, we will put our fatigue in one pile for both games.

I would pretty much advise 'against' getting more fatigue tokens (one way or another). The heroes are quite sufficiently powerful with the 24 they got. Since the amount of fatigue a character has, has a lot to say on how much you can do in a turn, having unlimited fatigue puts the OL at a 'serious' disadvantage.