Coreset GOOs???

By PearlJamaholic, in CoC General Discussion

im probably not the only one that assumes each non-human faction will get a GOO in the coreset. so lets see a list of what you expect to see, or hope to see. we already know which cthulhu we are getting so i guess there is no point in listing that, unless maybe we will see two different versions....i guess that could be possible.

hastur - im not fond of any really but if we dont get a new one than i like the UT version.

yog - kinda stuck between the UT and EE but i think i like the EE slightly more.

shub - AE no question at all. this is exactly what a goo should do. win all by itself and be nearly unstoppable after summoning.

neutral - nyarl is kinda important too. azathoth is just not very playable, but its effect is perfect for the card.

as for ancient ones, id like to see either reprinted or included new.

just dagon. the others arent lovecraft's really so meh.

Personally I really loved the Great Ones in the last set of the "CCG" version of the game. I'd love to see Ithaqua and Tsathoggua again so I can build that deck I had always wanted!

Despite the fact that I'm a hugge fan of SHUBB AE version (the best GOO ever), I'm waiting for brand new textbox for Yog and Hastur !

They don't own really cool versions yet, and I would love to see something that get ride of willpower for Hastur .... And something that screw "Fast" keyword for Yog ...

After all, He who shall not be Named is the best way to insane everything on earth, and the key and the gate don't mind about the 4th dimensions either, isn't it ??

PRODIGEE said:

I'm waiting for brand new textbox for Yog and Hastur !

They don't own really cool versions yet, and I would love to see something that get ride of willpower for Hastur .... And something that screw "Fast" keyword for Yog ...

I must disagree with the Yog comment. I love the In Whom the Spheres Meet version. Cost reduction based on the number of spells in the discard pile is really cool, in my opinion. And Yog has lots of spells, so it synergizes. Not to mention that the effect seems to make some sense: Yog is drawn to arcane power (spells) and shows up when the number of them has appeased him.

Hastur really could use a new one, or a reworking of the Arkham version. Paying 3 to drive someone insane is too much. Paying 1 might be too easy- it's a fine line. The EE version is too limited: he drives everyone insane once. Unless you plan to win that turn, a skilled opponent often recovers too quickly for you to win. A Hastur that removed Willpower would be pretty cool (though if he could also drive someone insane, that might be too much.)

Well, let me explain my purpose for Yog :

There's some way to recurse spell from the Grave with Yog (Gathering at the Stone, mystic Backlash, Chant of thoth). So the amount of spells in my yard is never really high. So the YOG UT is pretty uneffective for my games.

And all the prices from different edition are high, Yog is one of the most expensive character, and the effect seemed a bit slow for me !

(That's just my own opinion, see no offense gui%C3%B1o.gif )

If you compare it to AE Shub or CTHULHU (Promo and UT), most of the time, Yog is hard to play.

It would gain efficience if Yog got a new text, something like the Pulp Writer effect with Arcane, or else ..

Your point is fair enough, Prodigee. I had forgotten about the potency of Yog recursion- which is really silly of me, since I had to deal with Infinite Discard and Greg's Starry Wisdom Deacon/Event Recursion deck for several years! No offense taken.

Judging by the core cards spoiled in the FFG picture - Innsmouth Troublemaker, Blackwood Associate, AE Cthulhu, Thomas F. Malone, Open
For Inspection, Atwood Science Hall, Bred to Survive - I'm guessing all cards will come from AE block.

I suppose we will get at least one GOO of every faction and maybe all of the Arkham block. It would be cool.

lordofmasks

Open for Inspection is from Mon, EE block. We might see 10-cost GOOs as well. Personally I'd like to see EE Yog, AE Shub, and maybe UT Hastur.

I thought Core Set would be just Arkham Block reprints...but maybe not, I have been alot out of the game...dont remember anymore.

lordofmasks