Playing with 8 players...

By jstudrawar, in Talisman Rules Questions

Tonight we may have 8 people gaming, and rather than have 2 separate games going I am interested to see if anyone has played Talisman 4ER + Dungeon (no reaper yet) with more than 6 or have any suggestion for doing so to make the game smoother.

Thanks!

The game plays quicker if you change the cash in trophies of 7 to 5 trophies

(We play with 2 players and we are playing for 4 to 5 hours with 7 trophies to cash in)

4-5 hours with 2 players? Youch! The wife and I will sometimes go to 3 hours... so you gotta tell us how you ended up with such a long game.

Overall, I've found a rough estimate of time by standard rules is 1 hour + 30 minutes per player as a minimum... and then don't expect most games to be that short.

And V. is right... the best way to shorten the game is it cut the cost for leveling up on Craft and Strength. And also skip the endgame bloodbath (yawn). The more players you have, the more PvP there is anyways. We usually play that once someone has reached the CoC, the game ends unless...

1. Another adventurer is already inside the Inner Region, and if not...
  2. All other players get one more turn, and if any can get inside the Inner Region, play continues
  3. RINSE AND REPEAT... Once there is only one person on the CoC yet again, repeat checks 1 and 2, and if no one makes it, the game is declared.

JCHendee said:

4-5 hours with 2 players? Youch! The wife and I will sometimes go to 3 hours... so you gotta tell us how you ended up with such a long game.

Overall, I've found a rough estimate of time by standard rules is 1 hour + 30 minutes per player as a minimum... and then don't expect most games to be that short.

And V. is right... the best way to shorten the game is it cut the cost for leveling up on Craft and Strength. And also skip the endgame bloodbath (yawn). The more players you have, the more PvP there is anyways. We usually play that once someone has reached the CoC, the game ends unless...

1. Another adventurer is already inside the Inner Region, and if not...
  2. All other players get one more turn, and if any can get inside the Inner Region, play continues
  3. RINSE AND REPEAT... Once there is only one person on the CoC yet again, repeat checks 1 and 2, and if no one makes it, the game is declared.

Hi JC,

I don't know why it takes everytime 4 to 5 hours.

We play as normal ,and are no noobs gui%C3%B1o.gif

If we have a strenght or craft above 10 (11 ,12 etc) then we go to the COC !

Throw death into that mix of 8 players and you got some serious fun. People will literally run into the dungeon in order to avoid getting ganked by death. Only to discover the dungeon eats them alive instead.