38 'new' characters (Image heavy)

By Hvidponi, in Descent Home Brews

Mr11 said:

Can someone please tell me where I can get the template for making heroes? I found one on BGG but it doesn't look like the official cards, does someone have a photoshop template?

I have templates, among other things, available here.

members.shaw.ca/kurdaitcha7/DescentTemplates.htm

Elena Bladewind is my favourite. Improved Dual Wielding could be a very nice skill as well.

Elena = the female character from Heavenly Sword?? Very nice! I'll be using her as a playable hero character! Thanks a bunch!

Krieg: What about:
“Whenever another hero dies WITHIN THREE SPACES, you regain 5 wounds”?
Or: “Whenever another hero dies WITHIN YOUR LINE OF SIGHT, you regain 5 wounds.”

This version would still be a mighty ability, but not overpowered. In addition, it would offer an interesting tactical aspect: Every turn, the OL would think about which of the other heroes he tries to kill. Would he kill the mage next to Krieg, allowing Krieg to regain some wounds, or would he rather try to kill a more difficult victim that’s far away from Krieg?

(If Krieg would get the lifepoints for every hero, there would be no difference.)

Balkis: Regaining 3 HP for a killing blow seems too much. (Imagine Balkis with a blast rune)
What about: "Whenever you deal a killing blow to a monster, you regain 1 wound and 1 fatigue."
(Alternative: “… you regain 2 wounds OR 1 fatigue (players choice).”)

Vira (the undying hero): What about: “When you succesfully resurrect from Undying, all heroes within three spaces gain one curse token.“
(This could include or exclude Vira herself – it’s up to you.)

how did you get it so that the character pictures dont overlap the conquest value and the little thing at the top left corner?

Anyone know where i can get a character sheet that i can place a picture and the black dice symbols in like these ones?

i like em you need average characters to mix with the great ones Good work

Many of your Hero portraits seem stretched and thin. I would recommend you edit the pictures to a more proportional size before sending them into the card template... Esp the ones like Bishop Eli's.

Many of your Hero portraits seem stretched and thin. I would recommend you edit the pictures to a more proportional size before sending them into the card template... Esp the ones like Bishop Eli's.