Warhammer 40k style game

By youngpyromancer, in The Crystal Ball and The Wishing Well

Would anybody want FFG to release a 40k style game (in terms of complexity), but assembled and painted like the x-wings miniatures? What I mean is, a minis game without a grid or hex system, and with the complexity of warhammer 40k, but just without the assembling and painting.

I used to play a lot of 40k, but I feel like the game has gotten so expensive that nearly everybody that I know who used to play the game no longer plays it. People who are obsessed with the game have long queues of minis that they need to assemble and paint. It seems like very little gaming actually gets done.

I like the way that x-wing was structured, but I feel like the rules are really simple. I'd love to see something on the scale of 40k, where there are very specific rules for different weapons, for things like close combat, vehicles, artillery, different factions, etc.

Anybody else want to see something like this?

They already published Dust Warfare. Since they sold it to Battlefront Miniatures, I assume that FFG decided that they didn't want to be in the company/army scale tabletop minis market. It seems like X-Wing and Armada are much more profitable for them. I wouldn't rule out a land-based Star Wars game, though Imperial Assault in its skirmish mode might be as close as FFG gets to doing so.

If you want an army scale game, I'd recommend looking at other miniature game companies. There are plenty of great and relatively inexpensive games out there that have far more balanced rule-sets than anything GW ever published.

Edited by Attrition