Furious Assault Talent - What's the trade-off?

By Fgdsfg, in Black Crusade Rules Questions

I was reading over the Furious Assault Talent, and I thought something incredibly odd.

Relevant rules text:

FURIOUS ASSAULT

The character’s speed and martial prowess allow him to land several blows where lesser combatants land one. If the character successfully hits his target using the All Out Attack Action, he may spend his Reaction (and thus not

being able to parry or dodge until his next turn) to make an additional attack using the same bonuses or penalties as the original attack.

By RAW, you cannot Dodge or Parry after taking an All-Out Attack Combat Action. So while someone could spend their Reaction, it wouldn't actually hurt him in any way.

Am I missing something, or is there absolutely no trade-off at all?

You can't use your Reaction to do something like a mechadendrite attack either, but otherwise no tradeoff that i can see.

If you are being attacked by more than one opponent, giving up your reaction means you will not be able to defend against their attacks.

You are making one attack. You're not using lightning attack as part of this so you're giving a lot of dps up there.

Edited by Kamikazzijoe

Multiple attackers means no parrying them

no lightning attack.

no lightning attack.

I have no idea what you are even trying to say.

I think Kamikazzijoe means that the All-Out Attack option is a bad one.

That said ... if you use All-Out Attack (for whatever reason, who knows), Furious Assault appears to be something you should take as soon as possible.

no lightning attack.

I have no idea what you are even trying to say.
I think Kamikazzijoe means that the All-Out Attack option is a bad one.

That said ... if you use All-Out Attack (for whatever reason, who knows), Furious Assault appears to be something you should take as soon as possible.

And yeah, that's the problem, I think. But more than that, I just think that the Talent is oddly written.

If you think of it as an upgraded version of All-Out it becomes much less - well, odd.

Yep, indeed there isn't. I think it was supposed be that way anyway. But I really don't think this that this is something gamebreaking. All-Out really is not that good. As is the talent itself.

I wonder if it can be combined with the Killing Strike. Probably not. Oh well, that would have been bretty good.

You can't use your Reaction to do something like a mechadendrite attack either, but otherwise no tradeoff that i can see.

And no, you CAN use your Reaction to attack this the Servo-Arm for example. All-Out says that you cannot use it for Dodge or Parry attemps only. So nothing stops you from it. Or from absorbing attacks for example, if you happen to be a Death Guard veteran.

Edited by Leto