Daemon Prince and illusion of normality

By Adaras, in Black Crusade Rules Questions

Hey Everybody

I have a small question for you :) when you ascend to daemon hood you get the option of keeping your gifts, but I was wondering how does Illusion of normality page 295 core book work. The gift says that most appear in then form you where born in.

So is it as awesome at it sound, this daemon prince that in reality is the size of a tank and weighs many tons, appears as a regular sized non corrupted human or space marine? May the gods help and poor soul that looks upon such a creature with psynisciene :)

This is a good question. On the one hand, I would be inclined to say yes, (other than the ground trembling wherever you walk, and perhaps a very different smell coming from daemons, and the overall feel of Daemonic Presence). But then if that were the case, it would make the Tzeentchian Prince Gift of being able to appear human seem a little redundant.

That said, I'm not certain that there's an official ruling.

Hey Elurindel

Thanks for the answer :) I agree that it conflicts slightly with The Lord of lies. But I would say The Lord of lies gift is more powerful. You can appear as anyone, gender and looks have no meaning. Whereas illusion of normality is only your former appearance so people would know it was you if they had seen your previous form

Also it requires a -40 psynisciene roll to see trough The Lord of lies gift, while the illusion of normality is a challenging psynisciene test where the difficulty drop by five for each gift. So it would stand to reason the test would be like +60 psynisciene test since it's not just a corrupted human but a freaking daemon prince

So I think The Lord of lies is more hard core version while for a daemon prince the illusion of normality is just a thin veiled disguise

I would up the ease with which Psykers can perceive a Daemon Prince, and say that while they appear as an unremarkable human, getting close to them they would feel the Daemonic Presence effect. That, and they'd be able to perceive their much heavier footsteps, and possibly the way they part crowds like a battleship!

Unless of course you don't force them to take Size 7. There's nothing saying that this is compulsory. It wouldn't be Chaos if every Daemon Prince was the same! :)