Street Smarts in a lightsaber form?

By Alderaan Crumbs, in Game Mechanics

This is odd to me. I could see it as focusing more on the Cunning aspect of the Force and being better at Cunning things, but still.. :)

Edited by Alderaan Crumbs

Yeah, Shien Expert is kind of odd. Not only does it have Street Smarts as a lead-in to the Shien side of the tree (the left side pretty much screams that it's the Djem So aspect of Form V), but also has Skulduggery as a bonus career skill.

Personally, I think the bonus career skill should be Coercion, as a lot of Form V's mindset is about dominating one's opponent, and Coercion is suitable for breaking down an opponent's will to fight. Also plays into the Morality system as Form V itself was seen as being "too aggressive" a Form by the Old Jedi Order, to the point that only Juyo had a worse reputation for practitioners falling to the dark side.

As for replacing Street Smarts... not really sure. The talent does play into the general theme of the Sentinel, though I suppose replacing it with Plausible Deniability might work.

Maybe replace Street Smarts with Confidence. If the form is described as aggressive and dominating the opponent, it should mean that you are better prepared mentally to take on intimidating foes. 5XP might be a little cheap, but i think it fits better than Street Smarts.

Edited by kaosoe

Maybe replace Street Smarts with Confidence. If the form is described as aggressive and dominating the opponent, it should mean that you are better prepared mentally to take on intimidating foes. 5XP might be a little cheap, but i think it fits better than Street Smarts.

Confidence could certainly work, and would play into the degree of over confidence that we see Anakin and Ahsoka (the two main practitioners of Form V that we see on-screen) frequently displaying.