Some Terrible Newbie Questions

By LunchMonkey, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

Sorry for the questions here, I picked up this game for my wife and I to play and we've watched a bunch of tutorial videos but cant find the answers. We have just the regular starter box so far.

1. Can a character with no blast icon damage an objective?

2. If you decide to use S&V/Smug cards, do you need to make a 10 objective deck?

3. If you attack and your opponent doesn't defend of has no ready characters to defend can you still play a edge stack to use fate cards?

4. If your being attacked and have No defenders/No ready defenders/Decline to defend can you still fight the edge battle to throw fate cards?

I'll probably think of some more at a point. Thanks

1) Yes, will do 1 unopposed damage

2) Yes, but won be able to with just a core box. Get edge of darkness deluxe for that.

3) yes you can always play edge cards in engagements you are involved in.

4) only players with units in the engagement may participate in the edge battle.

Edited by Toqtamish

For Question #2;

Couldn't I just work the S&V objectives into one of the navy/sith decks to make the 10 objectives?

For Question #2;

Couldn't I just work the S&V objectives into one of the navy/sith decks to make the 10 objectives?

Sure. Just remember you will have to deal with resource matching. You might want to use the S&V Affiliation card if you're only running two S&V Objectives in your deck.

ok, thank you!

How does 3 work if there is none else in the edge battle? Do you just stop putting cards in when you want with no input from the other player?

How does 3 work if there is none else in the edge battle? Do you just stop putting cards in when you want with no input from the other player?

Basically, though technically your opponent could have Reactions or Interrupts to placing an edge card so you should still do it one at a time.