2014 World Championships

By Frobozz, in Warhammer: Diskwars

From the 2014 World Championships site:

While all your favorite games will be returning, the centerpiece of the 2014 event is the debut of two brand-new World Championships: Warhammer: Diskwars and Warhammer 40,000: Conquest. The two games will played alongside our perennial mainstays throughout the weekend.

I'd call that a positive sign for our beloved game!

That's what I like to hear! I wish I could be there. Hopefully they have a good turnout, and the game gets some visibility. I can't believe anyone would not want to at least play a round or two after seeing a good match.

I very much wish I could be there. Unfortunately travel of that sort becomes somewhat difficult when you have small children.

At the very least, it shows that FFG is still dedicated to this game. As I said in the Gen Con post, we are suffering from a little too much Doom and Gloom. This is a great game. It's unlikely to ever be as big as their popular LCG titles, but I suspect we are in for a good ride with it none the less.

I can't agree more, I just think too many of us (myself included) were thinking this was intended to compete with their LCG titles, but it looks like they're doing something different and better! Thrilled to see that it will be featured, I too can't make it, but wish I could!