Mixing Obligation and Morality

By Split Light, in General Discussion

We're getting ready to start a new campaign using the Force and Destiny rules. We're setting it in the time of The Old Republic, mostly because we've done the rebel age so many times over the decades. Now that there's Jedi rules we can embrace the past.

We have 4 characters starting the campaign, 2 will be Force and Destiny templates (sage and pathfinder), but two are going to use Edge of the Empire professions (marauder and politico). Of the Edge characters I think only one is considering adding force later on.

I'm wondering what people think the best way to balance obligation vs morality. I personally lean more towards using morality, but I know another player (here's looking at you Deslock) favors obligation. Any thoughts on a good way to mix the two?

Have the Edge players use Obligation and the Force characters use Morality. And then if they want to mix and match go ahead and let them. Then just roll for both

Edited by Revanchist7

My advice would be to intertwine the two as much as humanly possible. If you have an Obligation that is, say, Oath and you roll it and it triggers for a character. Let's say then that you then roll the Morality of the same character and it's Peace/Anger (I don't remember the pairings off hand, sorry). You definitely would want to put them in a scenario where their Obligation comes into direct conflict with their Morality and see what happens. It should be awesome. :)