question about initiative and mouvement

By Gueridan, in Black Crusade Rules Questions

Hi,

I have a question about the initiative and action in a combat :

There is 2 spaces marines (A and B) versus two spaces marines ( C and D). The initiative rolls give : A , C , D et at least B.

A charge D, he did dommage without to kill D.

When it is the turn of C, A is considered to be infighting with B or not?

When it is the turn of D, D can only use attack in mele against A?

I understood the rules like that, but the players told me it was unlogical, because in this case, it is like if a charge allowed the character to do a teleportation

Thanks

Can you clarify?

I imagining A and B standing next to each other 10 meters or so from the C D pair. That mental configuration does add up with your scenario.

In general, a person is only melee fighting with someone if they're in the adjacent square.

In this explicite scenario, if D is being rushed before he can properly react, and -still- insists on shooting at another target, he is essentially forfeiting any defensive actions he may have made and counts, at the very least, as "unaware", if not "helpless" for the person hacking away at him, because he's focusing on aiming and firing on someone removed from his position, rather on the person in his face trying to stab him. This isn't explicitely stated in the rules, but when visualising the situation, this is effectively what he's doing.

If he says he's trying to evade and shoot, there is such a thing called a "disengage" action via acrobatics, which represents that instead, allowing him to disengage and shoot, if he makes a test, rather than spend his entire turn disengaging.

Disengage
Type: Full Action (Half action with acrobatics test)
Subtype: Movement
The character breaks off from melee combat and may take a
Half Move. Opponents that were engaged with the character
do not gain any free attacks. See the Fleeing sidebar for more
detail

Edited by DeathByGrotz