So, nobody is bothered about this?

By Tallgeese, in UFS Uk Forum

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp

So far I have had the grand old total of one, count it, one, person bother to redeem for this. I take it by that stunning response that I shouldn't bother persuading the Americans that we will want to do the redemption schemes in future and not to bother sending cards over here so I can then use my own time to sort it out. Kinda pissed of that only one perosn has bothered, more pissed off that I went out of my way to arrange this and now I look like an idiot for doing it. Thanks all.

I can't speak for anyone else, but in my case it was down to the fact that I already had a copy of Rashotep more than 6 months ago. Plus I bought my boxes online, redemption for a card I don't need didn't make up for the added cost or inconvenience of getting them from a store.

If there was a redemption program for a card that hadn't already been in circulation for the better part of a year then maybe more people would be interested? That's not a dig at you, more at the way these cards have been leaked in the past and the fact that these programs don't really reflect reality. I still have 6 Zi-Mei's spare from the last one, on top of the playset that I already had before that redemption started so it's not like this is the first time.

Sorry dude, but I already have one! I could redeem anyway..... OK I 'LL DO IT FOR YOUUUUU GRAHAM!!

Agreed, I think the problem was the fact they were leaked so early everyone who pretty much wanted one has one preocupado.gif

Don't take offense Steve, i'm **** sure everyone over here appreciates how much time and effort you put in to get us these things

same goes here mr steve and u do do a fantastic job helping everyone of us out, i think ffg just made a bit of a bo bo

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Steve = sex.

Agree with all of the above, I really appreciate all of the work Steve has put into UFS in the UK and on a more local level helping me with supplies of demo decks, promos, FFG contacts, etc for any larger events I have organised. I also think most people already have the promo Rashotep, I know in Sheffield there have been about 6 floating around since last year.

I've got my two box flaps but I only have my credit card receipt and not my actual one. If that's OK I'll send them in the post?

Thanks again.

I appreciate all the love guys, and I know that the job I do is appreciated right back, but believe me I didn't post this in some vain attempt to have people tell me how good I am. I posted this becuase I was looking at this huge pile of Rashoteps and wondering why I had them and why only one guy in Plymouth wanted it? happy.gif

If the reason I'm not sending this bits of card out is becuase everyone who wants them has them then is cool, I wasn't aware that FFG had dumped that many copies into the system, but it explains the lack of uptake. If you wan't more copies of the card then send your box tops in, if you don't then it's all good, I'm sure I'll find something to do with them. (Guess which card everybody will be given at Potm! gran_risa.gif )

Getting one at POTM would be handy since i couldnt redeem my box, as i bought it at the pre release, and so have no receipt for it.

To be honest, not many people keep receipts in general. It's cool if we all get them at POTM, cause it will only be icing on the delicious cake that is the event itself.

In fact, I thought I had a promo Rashotep but I don't, so I'll be looking forward to getting one for show in my folder. I'm not a fan of playing him though, as he's just Experienced Combatant on a stick, but lacking the hand size to use it effectively (unless you use Lone Wolf...)

He's "just" Experienced Combatant on a stick and so he's not worth playing?

JJ would turn in his grave..... gui%C3%B1o.gif

Clearly you don't know me very well Ross. He has a little 6 in the green bit and and no ability that generates severe card advantage. Sweet symbols though.

Exactly my point. However, he does have access to Order, which has a fair amount of draw power.

Is one patch enough to take part in POTM? I personally have like 7, so i am considering giving away 3 patches to friends so they can come along, does that work?

Yes, you only need one patch to be able to enter the finals. If you wanna give them away so others can join in I'd be stoked, we want more bods than the colonials so the more the merrier........... gran_risa.gif

Zzasikar said:

Clearly you don't know me very well Ross. He has a little 6 in the green bit and and no ability that generates severe card advantage. Sweet symbols though.

Just like Yun-Seong who was in your Tycho deck's sideboard gui%C3%B1o.gif

Tallgeese said:

Yes, you only need one patch to be able to enter the finals. If you wanna give them away so others can join in I'd be stoked, we want more bods than the colonials so the more the merrier........... gran_risa.gif

Cool, i currently have asked 2 people, one who wants to come and just needs to get the evening off work, and another who probably can come, but has only just got back into the game with set 12, and so isnt really too fussed about competitive play. But i will see what i can do.

babelfish666 said:

Cool, i currently have asked 2 people, one who wants to come and just needs to get the evening off work, and another who probably can come, but has only just got back into the game with set 12, and so isnt really too fussed about competitive play. But i will see what i can do.

Do any of us really play that competively? happy.gif Nah, we need as many as we can get, I want to make the event organiser cry when we need yet more room, I want to get more than the North MAerican PotM, but mostly I want it to be a fecking awsome day. happy.gif

so how many hobo's will we need to pull in off the street :P

na how many did they accually get and lets kick there ass

They had 51 at the event in North America, I'd love to get past that

A lot of our car-owning players have had to pull out of going, but we should still be a good 8 - 10 strong force coming up, so that 51 could well be clearable yet :D

Also, Steve, you never did send me a text or email to say what you thought of the t-shirt designs I sent you. Feel free to tell me if you don't like them, I can always try again :)