Beta Two-Weapon Fighting

By Parhadokzal, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

I've only got the Dark Heresy 2 Beta for the moment and want to try it this way with my players before we commit to buying the physical book.

One of my players noticed an oddity in the rules. He plays a Desperado and thus, wants to dual-wield pistols. But, as you can just spend more APs to make multiple attacks with a single pistol, it seems like there is absolutely no advantages to dual-shooting...

Is there anything I get wrong?

And by the way, what do the final rules on dual wielding look like?

Thanks!

If you are still using the AP system, I can only tell you that whatever you are using, it is looking nothing like the post-Beta DH2.

I'm afraid that no-one can help you adequately in this, because the rules you are using likely has nothing in common with the rules as they are now.

Basically he's manually twin-linking them. He's just using his arms instead of modding the weapon directly.

RAW, he can get a second attack action per turn with the other weapon as well. This should eliminate penalties on target change. I don't have the rules open right now to check if there actually are any, but as it's a fresh, free attack, if he can eliminate the -20 bonus for dual weilding, he's pretty much set both ways.

Edited by DeathByGrotz