Force push?

By geng, in General Discussion

Can force users do a Force Push (or equivalent)? They can't in Age of Rebellion or Edge of the Empire (I don't think). There's the Move power but I read that as moving objects not knocking people over in a defensive blast. Is there a talent or have I missed something?

It's just move, once you have enough oomph to pick someone up with the talent and throw them along with the talent that allows you to pick things up with enough force to hurl them and do damage it doesn't matter if it's a thing or a droid or a person.

Can force users do a Force Push (or equivalent)? They can't in Age of Rebellion or Edge of the Empire (I don't think). There's the Move power but I read that as moving objects not knocking people over in a defensive blast. Is there a talent or have I missed something?

They can, actually, do Force Push in EotE/AoR: it's the Move power, as UncleArkie pointed out.

There is an existing discussion here on the topic.

-EF

The definition of "Force Push" is part of the issue. The Bind power, Move power, and even Unleash power can all provide a narrative result that manifest as a "Force Push."

Move can be used to literally fling an enemy away from you (and potentially do damage in the process).

Bind can do damage, knock the target away from the user, and immobilize them.

Unleash can damage a target with the Ensnare quality.

See, all three of those could be described as the mechanical results of a "Force Push." so pick yer poison and go... Push it....

I confess I don't really like Move for this. Push is a concussive wave, always in an outward direction, can be in a full 360 degree arc. There's little real control, it's simply meant to damage, so it feels different from Move. The others sound a lot closer.