Proofreading and general observations (aka gripes).

By zjbh7, in Proofreading Changes

Proofreading:

Page 61. Shien Expert. The second row talent "Toughened" reads as 5 xp. Should it be 10 xp like all other talents on the second row?

General Observations:

Page 63. Aggressor. The "Saber Throw" dos not look like it would work here as the Aggressor does not have Lightsaber as an additional career skill. Either that talent should be switched out OR Saber Throw should be changed to allow Lightsabers and/or any other melee weapon to be thrown. What makes the Lightsaber the only throwable melee weapon in the galaxy?

Page 61. Shien Experts. The "Street Smarts" talent does not seem all to useful for this specialization as the Shien Expert does not have Streetwise or Knowledge: Underworld as a Career or Additional Career Skill. Yes it might help just rolling those skills untrained, but having them and that Talent would work all the better.

Finally I have noticed the difference between the EotE and AoR lightsaber from the F&D basic Lightsaber in damage and specialties. Maybe their should be something mentioning the reason for the difference in stats as everyone will probably bug their DMs to allow them to continue buying the EotE and AoR versions of the "Uber-saber". I know you can take a basic lightsaber and add the krayt dragon pearl and the additional mods for it to make the same stated saber, but that way looks more expensive and probably best to just make a small side note on it.

Why do you need Lightsaber skill? A Politico doesn't need Ranged Light to shoot a gun. This Talent is only for Lightsabers because it says it, and it is a Force sensitive only skill. Nothing says Ranged Light can't be used for throwing knives or whatever your GM allows.

Shadow has Streetwise and likely would want to hop into Shien for Lightsaber Talents.

The difference in the Lightsabers are the fact the one in EoE and AoR is a fully modded Ilum crystal.

I actually prefer the toned-down lightsabers from F&D, and will be replacing the EotE/AoR versions with the "basic lightsaber" model across the board. While it was nice to see lightsabers get a boost from their mediocre versions in the d20 system, going Damage 10 and Crit Rating 1 and Breach 1 was a bit much when Damage 6/Crit 2/Breach 1 is far more reasonable (both when used by PCs and used against them).

That said, on page 124 when discussing the various lightsaber types, the text for each notes they come standard with an Ilum Crystal, which is noted to take up 2 of the lightsaber's listed hard points. However, the entry for the Ilum Crystal on page 137 cites Hard Points Required : 1 . Got a feeling this should be corrected to 2 to match the text on page 124.

A lightsaber having 5 modification slots seems a bit overdone. You can do everything you want to it without even using Tinkerer or Intuitive Improvements. I think a base 4 would make more sense and still leave almost every option open. If you REALLY want to add a Gene-Lock to your Dual-Phase Barab Ingot Basic Lightsaber then you should have to tinker with it. I see the "Superior Hilt Personalization" being pretty commonplace as it is (similar to Saga Edition's "Custom Built" +1 rule).

Well, remember that of those 5 Hard Points, 2 of them are already taken up by the lightsaber crystal, leaving you three slots in the basic lightsaber.

There's also the notion that later supplements will introduce other lightsaber attachments, and FFG has shown they prefer to "plan ahead" and "future-proof" already in their core rulebooks.