F&D is here.

By 2P51, in General Discussion

Start fighting! Kidding, time to play test. First thread so keep it light and keep it general I would think is a good idea. Once we find a specific thing to gripe on we can start a thread for it. Get going Jedi/Sith/In betweens.....

Edited by 2P51

Nice, the forums really needed this F&D forum to come along. The other threads really started to cramp up.

About Conflict. How come you can play a whole session doing nothing bad, and nothing good and still get better Morality?

Just going about ones regular business a whole session earns you better Morality. This seems a bit off.

Even if things happen all the time in the session, but none of the actions taken could insure either Good or Evil action, just neutral ones. Why would my character gain Morality?

Also, when Morality is triggered, how comes the value after the roll doubles? Sure it makes sense in some cases, but take this as an example. Triggered morality Justice/Anger, PCs decides to steal from the original thief because he felt tricked by him or something, getting only a few points of Conflict (say 2 for argument) and after session rolls 8 on his roll. That means, that even though the PC played out the "bad" emotion, ge gains +12 Morality on comes out a better person from the session? Does it imply that the PCs in-between sessions meditated, thought, philosophized and talked with his therapist and came to the conclusion that what he did was really, really wrong?

Probably could rule that if a PC does nothing that really warrants a roll, you just don't.

I guess that's how I've would rule it. But I'm guessing it is unnecessarily confusing, but perhaps it's not.

3 cheers for the mods and the federal thread relocation program......

Nice, the forums really needed this F&D forum to come along. The other threads really started to cramp up.

About Conflict. How come you can play a whole session doing nothing bad, and nothing good and still get better Morality?

Just going about ones regular business a whole session earns you better Morality. This seems a bit off.

Even if things happen all the time in the session, but none of the actions taken could insure either Good or Evil action, just neutral ones. Why would my character gain Morality?

Also, when Morality is triggered, how comes the value after the roll doubles? Sure it makes sense in some cases, but take this as an example. Triggered morality Justice/Anger, PCs decides to steal from the original thief because he felt tricked by him or something, getting only a few points of Conflict (say 2 for argument) and after session rolls 8 on his roll. That means, that even though the PC played out the "bad" emotion, ge gains +12 Morality on comes out a better person from the session? Does it imply that the PCs in-between sessions meditated, thought, philosophized and talked with his therapist and came to the conclusion that what he did was really, really wrong?

For Conflict, I'd think of it this way. Since the character's simply "going about his business", nothing is challenging his morals (generating conflict). That is, his way of life is working for him. This is how habits form. So if there's no challenge, his Morality will increase over time. It's up to the GM and players to challenge that Morality.

For triggered Morality: it's a pivotal moment in his moral development (for reasons not yet known). As far as your example, he may have given in to his weakness at the moment, but during his meditation afterward truly learned from his failure. Also, you could always assign more Conflict if happens when Morality is triggered.

EDIT:

Possibly only roll a d5 if they generated no Conflict.

3 cheers for the mods and the federal thread relocation program......

Hip hip, huzzah!

Edited by Joker Two

I think Morality could be a little more clear on what happens if you roll and multiple people's comes up. Imagine rolling a 00 on the very first session where everyone is either 50, 30, or 70. Does every Morality trigger? Do we make a table and roll upon the player's place on it?

I think Morality could be a little more clear on what happens if you roll and multiple people's comes up. Imagine rolling a 00 on the very first session where everyone is either 50, 30, or 70. Does every Morality trigger? Do we make a table and roll upon the player's place on it?

As far as doing nothing and gaining Morality, I'd say it's the same as Duty and Obligation in this case as well. Even if Duty or Obligation trigger you don't necessarily raise or lower them. You have to do something to affect their ratings. I'd say the same goes for Morality. Perhaps FFG will add something covering this in the final book.

Edited by Alderaan Crumbs

I would say it does. Everyone's either boosted or penalized for Duty and Obligation, respectively, no matter who triggers them. It makes sense Morality's the same insofar as it can affect everyone it applies to.

As far as doing nothing and gaining Morality, I'd say it's the same as Duty and Obligation in this case as well. Even if Duty or Obligation trigger you don't necessarily raise or lower them. You have to do something to affect their ratings. I'd say the same goes for Morality. Perhaps FFG will add something covering this in the final book.

That's a good point that I hadn't considered.

I would say it does. Everyone's either boosted or penalized for Duty and Obligation, respectively, no matter who triggers them. It makes sense Morality's the same insofar as it can affect everyone it applies to.

That's a good point that I hadn't considered.

Thank you.

Finally :)

GM better be feeling mighty creative if that happens...

GM better be feeling mighty creative if that happens...

I mentioned this scenario to Andy Fischer directly, and from his answer, if you were to roll a 0 on the first session (remember that you only roll a single d10) then every party member's Morality would trigger. Thus perhaps why he seemed intrigued by my idea of adding a bit of a random element to a PC's starting Morality so that not everyone as the same starting value.