Yearly Cost Projection

By Balancer, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Hello there .

i have played various online and real life card games and i stopped the hobby before 2 years due to mounting costs. For a TCG i calulated that its upwords to 1k Euros per year to have a full playset of any card in the game.

What is a projected cost for this game? Mind you i only want to have 3 of everything not multiple decks at the same time .

Sorry if it has already been asked thanks in advance for your input

umm.. no idea about euro.. but for Australians...

50 for a croe set.. so x3 = 150

20 bucks for a cycle pack x6 = 120.. I think we get what ... 3 cycles a year? so 360 or so

say 2 delux expansions? at 45 each... 90...

So around 600 for the 1st year. It is a lot cheaper, but it is still expensive as f*ck. I often liken the LCG to a wife beater, when we are the wife. We finally left the abusive husband (the ccg), and now we have another jerk (lcg) who also beats us.. but we love him as he doesn't in fact put us in hospital.

Edited by booored

Hello there .

i have played various online and real life card games and i stopped the hobby before 2 years due to mounting costs. For a TCG i calulated that its upwords to 1k Euros per year to have a full playset of any card in the game.

What is a projected cost for this game? Mind you i only want to have 3 of everything not multiple decks at the same time .

Sorry if it has already been asked thanks in advance for your input

US Prices (taken from Coolstuff Inc, prices rounded to nearest whole $)

Core set $27 x3 = $81 (initial cost, not repeating/yearly cost.

Yearly:

Monthly packs $10 each x 12 = $120

Deluxe expansions $20 each x 2 = $40

$160 yearly cost after purchase of the initial core sets.

Booored's AUS calculation above is slightly off, as it assumes 3 sets of cycle packs per year, when there are actually only 2.

To correct Boored's #'s:

AUSD

Core sets 50 AUS x 3 = 150 AUS (one-time cost, not yearly)

Yearly costs

Cycle packs 20 AUS x 12 = 240

Deluxe expansions 45 AUS each = 90 (Seems high - 5 AUS less than a Core? Really? Seems high USD MSRP is $10 less)

330 AUS yearly cost after initial purchase of core sets

ahh ok.. yeah... couldn't remember if it was 2 or 3. Oh and your right it was for the 1st year.. the core set costs as you say are not continual.

Edited by booored

Do note that CSI's pricing is indicative of typical massive online retailer pricing, but that means that it's the lowest you're likely to spend (and if you're buying things piecemeal, you'll likely be paying for shipping, too, unless you buy everything in a chunk to get free shipping).

If you are purchasing at MSRP, your yearly cost in USD breaks down as follows:

Core set $40 x 3 = $120

Monthly packs $15 x 12 = $144

Deluxe packs $30 x 2 = $60

($204 yearly)

To sum up:

FIRST YEAR: between $241 to $324

FOLLOWING YEARS: between $160 to $204

Cost in Euros should be comparable, depending on the conversion and how steep your preferred retailer discounts stuff (or doesn't).

Still cheaper than buying the models...

($204 yearly)

I think 15 twelves is actually $180? Only a slight difference but ti pushes the yearly cost to possibly $240.

It's not just cheaper than keeping up with the war game, it's a miles cheaper model than most of the CCGs, even if you only buy singles that you require to 'keep up'. It's a bit like finally getting shot of the brown stuff & moving onto methadone, you finally know what your actually getting for your money & you know exactly how much you're paying! ;)

Edited by JusMark

Thanks all for the analysis

It seems the pricing model is very nice and the full playset status is easy to achieve.

Really really tempted to get into this.

Do it! :D

Best background in sci-fi (my opinion don't hate me it'll make me cry)

Really good production values

Awesome art

Cool game

Makes friends on your behalf

Unpronounceable Character names

Do it! :D

lol

Call of Cthulhu LCG? :)

Core set $40 x 3 = $120

($204 yearly)

And really this is a worst case scenario. Core sets are preselling for less than that. There's a company on ebay preselling for less than 32 USD with free shipping. They have the first two packs for less than 13 USD apiece, with free shipping again. Some folks have reported buying Cores for less, though without the shipping included. In my experience, you can get the deluxe boxes for less usually. The model is pretty inexpensive. If you are having trouble affording about $200 a year and $12/13 a month, you either have a lot of other hobbies or other more pressing priorities.

Also we are never going to see a year with 12 packs and two deluxe expansions. More likely 8-10 monthly packs and 1-2 deluxe in a 12 month period.

its not about affording the price which it seems to be resonable its buying something and not getting involved with it i have a 5k Tau Army in the boxes as 10k l5r cards gathering dust

now i want to know what i am getting into before buying and so far it looks beyond reasonable.

its not about affording the price which it seems to be resonable its buying something and not getting involved with it i have a 5k Tau Army in the boxes as 10k l5r cards gathering dust

now i want to know what i am getting into before buying and so far it looks beyond reasonable.

10k? that's a lot of legend of the five rings! Do you play?

nah i was more of a collector had some disposable income and i really liked the fluff of the game.

I viewed it as a way for support for the game.

Nowadays 1k per year for some playsets for something i havent got the time to play its not advisable.

This way of selling is much more reasonable and the fluff is very strong in this game as well

Core set $40 x 3 = $120

($204 yearly)

Actually I think you have to buy 3 of every monthly pack because you only get one of each signature card.

From http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4912

You’ll find a battle-ready new Space Marine warlord with his eight-card signature squad

So the real cost is:

Core set = $40 x 3 = $120

Monthly Packs = $15 x 3 x 12 = $540

Deluxe Packs $30 x 2 = $60 <- if there are no singletons in the deluxe packs

Total cost = $720 ($600 yearly)

Edited by youngpyromancer

Actually I think you have to buy 3 of every monthly pack because you only get one of each signature card.

You’ll find a battle-ready new Space Marine warlord with his eight-card signature squad

You only need one signature squad.

But if you wanted multiple copies of a signature squad card, wouldn't you need to buy multiple copies of the war packs since only a single copy is included in each war pack? I mean this is essentially the same philosophy as purchasing multiple core sets. Maybe I'm wrong here.

But if you wanted multiple copies of a signature squad card, wouldn't you need to buy multiple copies of the war packs since only a single copy is included in each war pack? I mean this is essentially the same philosophy as purchasing multiple core sets. Maybe I'm wrong here.

No you do not need to purchase multiple copies.

A signature squad is a Warlord and their attached cards. You can only use one signature squad per deck exactly as it is, no changes can be made to it.

Edited by Toqtamish

A signature squad is a Warlord and their attached cards. You can only use one signature squad per deck.

You can only use one signature squad per deck - true. But the composition of that squad is variable right? There are 8 cards that are signature cards for a specific warlord in the set, and you have to take 8 signature cards corresponding to your warlord. But does this mean that you can take at most 1 of each of the signature cards? Can you take 2x or 3x of one signature card, and take none of another signature card?

Maybe this is where my confusion is. If you can take AT MOST 1 copy of each signature card, then it wouldn't make any sense to purchase multiple copies of the war packs. But if you can take up to 3 copies of a specific signature card (assuming that you have 8 signature cards in your deck) then you would have to buy 3 copies of each war pack.

Edited by youngpyromancer

The signature squad can only be taken exactly as it is. You CANNOT make any changes to its composition of cards.

The signature squad can only be taken exactly as it is. You CANNOT make any changes to its composition of cards.

Thanks!

I think 15 twelves is actually $180? Only a slight difference but ti pushes the yearly cost to possibly $240.

Me math good math.

You are of course correct.

Actual cost range:

FIRST YEAR: $241 to $360

FOLLOWING YEARS: $160 to $240