Has anyone played this game?

By Boris_the_Dwarf, in Star Wars: Empire vs. Rebellion

So, i bought this game at GenCon and then demoed it. I started to demo first, but I didn't cherish the thought of standing in line a second time and it was only $15 or so.

After demoing it, I was glad I bought it. Not because I thought it was incredibly fun or because I knew everyone I game with would want to play it, but because it is so simple a two year old can learn it.

Seeing as how my son will be two years old in a few months, I intend to test that theory.

The game is basically black jack meets Star Wars, which is exactly how it was described in the demo. You flip an objective with a point value and then flip over cards from your deck until you get to the total without going over. You're also limited by the objective card on how many cards you can flip over. Each card has a power that you can exhaust the card to perform, and strategy cards to change the win condition or for some other effect.

It teaches math and reading. It teaches gaming strategy. It's Star Wars.

That is a triple win. :)

Thanks FFG, for providing a product I can use to teach my son three of the five essential needs in life!

Was thinking about it to play with my 9 yo. She likes Star Wars but hasn't really got the patience for the LCG. Will definitely check it out. Cheers!

One other question Boris - are the cards standard CCG/LCG size (for the purpose of card sleeves) and are they decent quality?

Cheer!

They are standard card size.