Battlefields Expansion...?

By HKoG77, in The Lord of the Rings: The Board Game

I am brand new to the FFG Community, however, not so to this game. I have been playing the base game and its first two expansions for a while now and have enjoyed them thoroughly! I was not aware, until very recently, that there was a third expansion, "Battlefields". Unfortunately I can not seem to find a copy available to purchase, unless you count a few listings at some crazy high prices, or in the German language, regardless of where I have looked.

So my questions are as follows:

~Does anyone know where you can still purchase a copy of "Battlefields Expansion" at a somewhat "normal" price?

~Does anyone know if more expansions are expected?

Many thanks!

Yep, no expansions for the SL version, though if you have the older version, then no problem (just finding one).

Note on the expansion, at least my English version has English, German and French cards and rules all in the same box, if you spot a cheap German version, might be worth it to ask the seller to check (unless you want it still in shrink really bad) if the box actually has all three language versions in it.

Hi there, I had the exact same problem! I looked into it a lot when I was looking for a copy of it ages ago, and as far as I can remember all the copies that were printed were trilingual - you even get three copies of each card, and the rulebook is in three parts, one for each language. I've got the German boxed edition called der herr der ringe, but it has all the english cards and rules you need etc. There's no text on the game boards either like in the other expansions, so that's not a problem if you pick up the German box.

And if you can find a copy, I do highly recommend it - it adds a really exciting and challenging element to the game. I'm based in the UK and managed to find a copy for around 25 or 30 pounds on eBay - so it's worth looking there as well.

Battlefields was a trilingual expansion. Feel free to buy the German one; it'll work just fine if you speak English and the rules are in all three languages. All that changes is the cover text.