2 turns, game over!

By sammann11, in Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game

I was playing Undead against a Dwarf Reclaiming The Fallen deck. I discarded my top 5 cards, all units.

Turn 1: he played a 2 cost support in his Kingdom. I played Cackling Hexwraith in my kingdom, which allowed me to discard 2 more cards, both units. I then played Invocation of Nehek, naming Abyssal Terror. Of the 5 I discarded with this tactic, 4 were units, 1 of which was an Abyssal Terror, which I put in my battlefield. That gave him a power of 10. I burned his battlefield.

Turn 2: he played 2 separate 2 cost units, 1 each in Kingdom and Quest, and laid a development in the quest as well. I played Entropy, discarding 2 more units. I then played Swarm of Bats, which allowed me to discard 4 more cards, 2 of which were units. So Bats hit with 3 P, while the Abyssal Terror rained down with 14 P. Burned his second zone.

Game over in like less than two minutes! Talk about NPE (Winvasion reference, there).

Anyone else have some quick beat-down stories?

Does anyone think there should be an updated restricted/eratta/ban list for some of these Hidden Kingdom cards?

Edited by sammann11

Ugh, I have been on the receiving end of many situations where the game has been over but it wasn't obvious. I can remember one of Mallumo's odd/even Orc decks dropping insane bombs on me from turn one and essentially knocking out everything I had. Dark Elf decks that get turn one Hate, turn two Call the Kraken into Dark Elf Infiltrator can essentially end the game right there. Nothing as insane as what you describe, but the odd/even was very surprising.