Deckbuilding - Signature cards

By gertat, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest - Strategy

Hi

Don't own the game yet but have a question about deckbuilding.

So this question could be really stupid but ask it anyway.

Each warlord has his own signature cards.

What are the restrictions for these cards when it comes to deckbuilding?

Is it the same amout every time? Or can you use more if you want?

As an example that in the coreset you get 4 copies of Shadowrun´s Stealth Cadre.

Shadowsun’s Stealth Cadre
Type: Army Unit
Faction: Tau
Traits: Soldier. Pilot.
Cost: 2
Attack Value: 2
Hit Points: 2
Command Icons: 1
Signature/Loyalty: Signature Icon

This card may enter play as an attachment with the text, “Attach to a non- Vehicle army unit. Attached unit gets +2 ATK and +2 HP.”

Set: Core Set Number: 146 Quantity: 4
Illustrator: Mark Bulahao

You cant make any changes to the signature squad

Signature squads are numbered, and you must take exactly one of each number. Even though you have multiples of some unit types, you will still only have one of each card in the squad.

When you choose a Warlord, you're effectively choosing 9 cards that you can't make any changes to. The rest of the deck is then built around this core.

In addition to having to include all 8 signature cards associated with your warlord (no exchanges or substitutions), you cannot include additional copies from a second signature set. So if there is only one copy of an event in the signature set, for example, you cannot grab 2 additional copies from other copies of the core to get up to 3.

yeah.. be pretty unfair if you could just pick any combination of 8 of those powerful cards!

My question was just a singel faction question.

I understand that you hade to include just these 8 cards.

My question was about the number of cards you can include.

So the answer is that you can only include 1 card of each signature card.

So when you start deckbuilding you already have exactly 8 cards plus the warlord card.

One could wonder why then FFG included different amount of signature cards in the coreset if you can only use one?

A waste of paper??

Se below

Communications Relay
Type: Support
Traits: Upgrade.
Cost: 1

Interrupt : When your opponent triggers an ability that targets a unit you control with 1 or more attachments, exhaust this support to cancel its effects.

Set: Core Set Number: 147 Quantity: 1
Illustrator: Ameen Naksewee

Squadron Redeployment
Type: Event
Traits: Tactic.
Cost: 0 Shields: 1

Action : Exhaust an army unit with 1 or more attachments to move it to a planet of your choice.
The Tau are extremely adaptable, even in battle, quickly moving from front to front as needed.

Set: Core Set Number: 148 Quantity: 2
Illustrator: Erfian Asafat

Edited by gertat

I believe you're misunderstanding. They're saying that the number of each of the core set cards included with each warlords are included, at their maximum amounts in that warlords deck. For example, you must include all four copies of Shadowsun's Stealth Cadre in a deck that includes shadowsun. You must also include both copies of Strategic Redeployment, and one copy each of Communications Relay and Command Link Drone. They don't give you extra copies of any Signature cards, what's included is what's expected to be in your deck using that warlord.

Great

Thansk you all for the answer

The reason I ask is becuase we are som friends that are going to split 3 coresets and the we get more copies of the signature cards than we need.

Now that we are going to have more of the signature cards, Is there somewhere to read how many copies of each card of the signature cards you can include? On the card or in the rulebook?

I think you really are misunderstanding this:

When you buy a Core Set, you get one copy of the Tau warlord and 8 Tau cards with the "signature" symbol, which are keyed to that warlord. You must include ALL 8 of those SPECIFIC cards in any deck that includes that warlord. And those specific 8 cards are the ONLY cards with the signature symbol that can be in the deck. So you will NOT have any "extra" copies of any signature cards in a single core set.

Each deck will have EXACTLY 8 signature cards, and when you choose your warlord, you choose those 8 exact cards. If you buy multiple core sets so that you have multiple copies of a warlord, you STILL cannot put any other signature cards in any particular deck. You may as well split up the additional warlord sets among your friends you are splitting the cores with.

ktom - This last comment is way of.

VermillionDe gave the answer I was looking for.

I understand perfectly fine.

The last question is more of a sorting question.

Think if you dont use a warlord for 3 months and put your cards in a binder.

Then when you want to use this warlord and have your card from 3 coresets, you should be able to read somewhere how many copies of each signaturecard you suppose to have.

Edited by gertat

Then when you want to use this warlord and have your card from 3 coresets, you should be able to read somewhere how many copies of each card you suppose to have.

The signature squad has a unique number for the squad and for each card in it from 1-9. Just get all cards from 1-9 for that signature squad. Same as the objective sets from SW.

Then when you want to use this warlord and have your card from 3 coresets, you should be able to read somewhere how many copies of each signaturecard you suppose to have.

It's not just a matter of number of copies of a card, the individual cards are numbered.

Edited by Zebadiah

I apologize that I misunderstood the question and if my answer was offensive.

I read the part about how many copies you "can include" as meaning how many copies you can include in a deck . I completely missed the transition to questions of storage and sorting. As you say, it seemed very off because of Vermillion's answer to the very question of "how many" "you can include" in a deck.

In terms of sorting and storing, I was personally thinking of just keeping the 9 cards together - the warlord and his squad. I'm not really looking forward to an entire 3x3 binder page being devoted to each warlord, but on the plus side, I can see at a glance which cards - and how many of each - go with each warlord when flipping through the binder.

In terms of sorting and storing, I was personally thinking of just keeping the 9 cards together - the warlord and his squad. I'm not really looking forward to an entire 3x3 binder page being devoted to each warlord, but on the plus side, I can see at a glance which cards - and how many of each - go with each warlord when flipping through the binder.

That's a good idea, actually. I'll probably do the same.

I apologize that I misunderstood the question and if my answer was offensive.

I read the part about how many copies you "can include" as meaning how many copies you can include in a deck . I completely missed the transition to questions of storage and sorting. As you say, it seemed very off because of Vermillion's answer to the very question of "how many" "you can include" in a deck.

No worries.

Unfortunally I have had the same problem in other post I made.

I think its because english isnt my first language.

When its a question that is not 100 % clear some things get lost in my translation from Swedish.

I feel rather foolish reading this post. I completely missed the part where 1 and 2 copies of a signature card could not be turned into a playset. I guess off to do some minor modifications on a couple of decks I had written down.

Eh, no big. It's a new game and we're all going to have blindspots till we sit down and play a bit.