Will F&D Beta be Available to General Public at Some Point?

By Farseerixirvost, in General Discussion

Can we expect the F&D Beta to be available in FLGS's and/or FFG Online Store? And if so, when?

Yes to both. Look for it in a week or so, I would think. That's based on the release schedule I remember from both EotE and AoR.

-EF

AoR beta took a month or 2 before it was avialable.

The AOR beta went on sale mid-September, so it's possible it could be a few more weeks.

AoR beta took a month or 2 before it was avialable.

EotE was sold out by then, both online and in-stores. I was lucky my FLGS got a surprise late-shipment of EotE or I wouldn't have it.

-EF

I put the order in last week at my FLGS to reserve me a copy. Since I think this is the most anticipated system release, I would be very surprised - and somewhat heartbroken - if they decided to just leave it to the GenCon attendees...

I'm guessing it will be available to buy, I certainly hope so. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a month or even two more however. Printing delays and all that. Hopefully they'll at least put up some forums soon.

Also remember that a lot of FFG staff was at GenCon the past few days, and many of them took an extra day or two off from work after the trip home to rest and recuperate at least a little before heading back into work.

Odds are they'll put a link up announcing the book is for sale to the general public once they know that they've got copies in the warehouse and ready to ship (they sold out at GenCon). How long that will take is anyone's guess, though early to mid September seems likely.

"Upcoming" was updated with it, says Q3. So hopefully end of September, unless there's delays that push it into October.