Included Miniatures

By maxam, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

So, FFG lists IA as including 34 miniatures... assuming that includes Darth and Luke (although they may be additional as the are very specifically listed as separate included items in the set)...

Scouring the FFG images and the TC demo video, here is a list of all included miniatures we know of to date:

AT-ST

Nexu

Stormtrooper x 6

Imperial Officer x 2

E-Web Engineer

Probot

Royal guard x 2

Jyn Odan "The Smuggler"

Fenn Signis "The Veteran"

Gaarkahn "The Warrior" (wookie)

Gideon Argus "The Commander"

Diala Passil "The Exile"

Mak Eshka'rey "The Spy" (Bothan)

Trandoshan x 3

Darth Vader

Luke Skywalker

Have I missed any?

That's a total of 25 so far from 34 (or maybe 36 - see above).

Interestingly the Bothan appears to be unique, so he may be a rebel hero.

I'm assuming the Trandoshans are rebel troops due to the rebelish back pack, and well, they're not stormtroopers...

Edited by maxam

There are 6 diferent player heroes, so bothan is most likely the missing one

Also, Trandoshans might be neutrals. Notice that there is Rebel, Imperial and mandalorian logo cards.

There's probably a mission where you drop on a planet where you will meet the nexu, some trandoshan slavers, and maybe other beasts. Might be the personal mission of the wookie character.

Since they are listing the Luke and Vader packs as separate products inside the box, I don't think Luke and Vader count toward the initial count of miniatures.

Also, Trandoshans might be neutrals. Notice that there is Rebel, Imperial and mandalorian logo.

Actually I just noticed this in the news item - "hunt down the Rebel scum with Trandoshan mercenaries"

So, yeah probably hireable neutrals in the skirmish, but working for the empire in the campaign...

Just saw a video and here's what was on display during Gencon:

6 heroes (5 already known plus the Bothan)

3 Imperial Officer

9 Stormtrooper

2 Scout Trooper with Heavy Repeating Blaster

4 Imperial Guard

3 Probe Droid

1 AT-ST

4 Trandoshan slaver

2 Nexu

total: 34 miniatures

Plus Luke and Vader miniature pack

Total: 36 miniatures

3 Imperial Officer

9 Stormtrooper

4 Imperial Guard

3 Probe Droid

1 AT-ST

4 Trandoshan slaver

2 Nexu

First thought: kinda disappointing. (not a lot of variation....and I couldn't care less about the Nexu (a Dewback would have been way cooler....(I don't like the prequels)))

Second thought: still SO psyched about this game. This is THE game I've waited for so so long.......and as long that miniatures like Han, Chewbacca, Boba Fett, IG-88, Zuckuss, 4-LOM, the Cantina/Jabba's Palace aliens, Snowtroopers, Lando etc will be available in expansion packs: no problem!

I can't imagine NOT getting the game+every expansion.

Edited by Jedi Bendu

3 Imperial Officer

9 Stormtrooper

4 Imperial Guard

3 Probe Droid

1 AT-ST

4 Trandoshan slaver

2 Nexu

Cool - thanks for that Red Castle! Care to share the link for the video? I'm hungry for more than the Covenant ones I've watched!

It's an interesting spread of minis from the skirmish game POV ... looks like it's wave 1 X-Wing again - a large but fragile Imperial force vs. a small but tougher rebel group. The stormtroopers even have a built in "Howlrunner" ability (re-roll 1 attack die when standing next to a fellow Stormtrooper) lol

I would have liked some generic Rebel soldiers, but more than happy to wait for the expansions...

Found it on BGG:

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/164153/star-wars-imperial-assault

I also think there is enough variety for the ''limited'' number of miniatures the game comes with. 34 is not that much considering that 6 is already taken for the heroes, so 28 for the enemies. I was afraid there would not be enough Stormtrooper to form a squad. I would have prefered if they would have add a Stormtrooper captain or two, but the officer will do until then.

Other than that, the more the days passes, the more enthousiast I am about this game. I never got to play Decent, so for me it will be a whole new system of boardgame.

3 Imperial Officer

9 Stormtrooper

4 Imperial Guard

3 Probe Droid

1 AT-ST

4 Trandoshan slaver

2 Nexu

First thought: kinda disappointing. (not a lot of variation....and I couldn't care less about the Nexu (a Dewback would have been way cooler....(I don't like the prequels)))

Second thought: still SO psyched about this game. This is THE game I've waited for so so long.......and as long that miniatures like Han, Chewbacca, Boba Fett, IG-88, Zuckuss, 4-LOM, the Cantina/Jabba's Palace aliens, Snowtroopers, Lando etc will be available in expansion packs: no problem!

I can't imagine NOT getting the game+every expansion.

Disappointing, actually. I was really expecting more variety. I don't see the need for 3 probe droids and 4 slavers. Come on FFG.

Disappointing, actually. I was really expecting more variety. I don't see the need for 3 probe droids and 4 slavers. Come on FFG.

Probe droids - no.

Slavers - yes.

I guess we all have our own tastes. I'm really hoping that slavers will be part of an independent Mercenary team for the skirmish game rather than neutrals for either side. If so, they will be a staple in the same way storm troopers are for the Imperials. In any case, Trandoshans are my second favorite species after Gands, so I'm very excited to see them in the base game.

My guess is you need 3 probe droids for some specific mission (like kill all droids before they transfer data or like)

Aaaaand with careful study of GenCon footage, looks like the Bothan PC is:

Mak Eshka'rey "The Spy"

I've edited my initial post above.

On this picture, we clearly see the token of Han Solo, but who can it be on the second one with the green face?

pic2206598.jpg

On this picture, we clearly see the token of Han Solo, but who can it be on the second one with the green face?

Woot! I am sooooo excited for this game!

(but which one shoots first?)

That green guy has had me stumped for days. I didn't want to point him out because I'm embarrassed I don't know who he is. :(

Woot! I am sooooo excited for this game!

(but which one shoots first?)

I don't think it's Greedo. I believe the game is supposed to be set after ANH so he should already be dead.

Also, the face reminds me more of a Duros than a Rodian. Trouble is, except for Cad Bane (which it's obviously not), I don't think I know any other famous Duros.

EDIT: Doing some fast research, it appears that the docking bay 94 where the Millenium Falcon was docked on Tatooine during ANH was owned by a couple of Duros: Ohwun and Chachi de Maal. When they escaped Tatooine from the empire, Solo didn't pay the bill which irritated the couple. It might be one of them after Solo to get paid.

Edited by Red Castle

Great research! That makes for a very interesting story that isn't just made up.

These models look great. Can't wait to see how good Luke looks.

I don't think it's Greedo. I believe the game is supposed to be set after ANH so he should already be dead.

Also, the face reminds me more of a Duros than a Rodian. Trouble is, except for Cad Bane (which it's obviously not), I don't think I know any other famous Duros.

D'Oh! Of course you're right - what was I thinking! lol

On closer inspection I'd vote for a Duros too

The Duros token looks to have the same (or at least similar) art to the Duros pregen from the AoR Beginner Box.

Just a response to those above complaining about the lack of variety, and/or the choices made for the contents of the Core Box;

This is exactly how Descent started off;

8 Heroes

5 Goblin Archers

5 Cave Spiders

5 Zombies

4 Barghest Hounds

4 Flesh Moulders

2 Ettins

2 Merriods

2 Elementals

2 Shadow Dragons

Based on the list above, there is only 1 more "monster type" here than there will be in Imperial Assault. Even with all these monsters, you can't use whatever you want in any given mission in Descent; the scenario restricts you to different classifications of enemies you can add in.

Future expansions provide more monsters, and these monsters fill in the ranks of the monster types, so you have more variety not just in the overall monster pool, but with each monster type to add into the specific scenarios. This is where the long term replay value comes in.

I can't imagine Imperial Assault not following this same pattern of small box/big box releases for expansions, and we already know they will have their own version of the Lieutenant Packs.

I know the Imperial Assault Core Set seems a little thin, but have faith, FFG will no doubt have already announced one or more expansions by the time Imperial Assault lands in stores.

I spoke with one of the designers at Gencon, and he said that there will be three factions for the skirmish mode: Imperials, Rebels, and Mercenaries. I think we can safely assume that we'll be getting a good amount of Merc pieces (whether in the base game or in the first few expansions), since you can't have a skirmish game with one of the factions being represented by only 1 or 2 sculpts.