Mandalorian cards?

By maxam, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

On the homepage for IA, the card fan in the lower right of the title graphic show three cars types, Imperial, Rebel, and a third one with a Mandalorian mythos air logo. These are big cards, not small, like equipment or skill cards ... what might they represent?

I suspect those are card backs for the skirmish game. I read there were Imperial, Rebel, and Mercenary cards. What I don't know is if the Mercenary cards are a third faction or if they act as neutrals.

I suspect those are card backs for the skirmish game. I read there were Imperial, Rebel, and Mercenary cards. What I don't know is if the Mercenary cards are a third faction or if they act as neutrals.

Ah excellent - makes sense!

Just out of curiosity, where did you read about the Mercenary cards?

Ah excellent - makes sense!

Just out of curiosity, where did you read about the Mercenary cards?

On the description page under the heading "Tense Battles" it says:

"In addition to the campaign game, Imperial Assault offers a skirmish game that invites you and one friend to engage in head-to-head skirmishes. While playing a skirmish mission, you and your friend muster your own forces of soldiers, drawing on Imperial, Mercenary, or Rebel units, and purchase upgrade cards to improve your forces. Command cards give your warriors unexpected bonuses, and since you build your own decks of Command cards, you can specialize your deck to support your team, whether you focus on troopers, brawlers, or hunters."

Makes sense, scum and villainy has now shown up in the TCG and X-wing so it only makes sense it would be here as well. After all, Bounty Hunters, Hutts, Smuglers, ect were a major part of the star wars lore since the first movie.