Unopposed

By Sluggo1313, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

If you attack an objective unopposed do your Edge Enabled combat icon's go off or not?

you automatically win the edge battle, so you will have all your white icons

You automatically win the edge battle if you are unopposed, so yes they all activate.

And anything that triggers when you win an edge battle would happen as well I assume.

Now I wonder, if you're the player who doesn't oppose, are you then considered to have lost an edge battle? For example, will Jawas pop back to your hand?

Jawas do pop back to hand

Also of note: If the defender does not oppose the engagement you may still play cards into an edge stack.

Are you unopposed if your opponent has units but they are exhausted at the start of your turn?

and if you are unopposed can you use unit strike icons and focus icons to damage the objective due to the unopposed bonus ? or does the unopposed bonus deal only 1 extra damage point to only one engaged objective per turn?

Are you unopposed if your opponent has units but they are exhausted at the start of your turn?

and if you are unopposed can you use unit strike icons and focus icons to damage the objective due to the unopposed bonus ? or does the unopposed bonus deal only 1 extra damage point to only one engaged objective per turn?

You're unopposed if your opponent declares no defenders in an engagement. Doesn't matter if he has ready or exhausted units available, if he does not or cannot declare them as defenders they do not count.

Unit and tactics icons do not damage objectives. The unopposed bonus just gives you one extra free blast damage at the end of the engagement. You can get it at all three engagements if your opponent declares no defenders for all three engagements.

You're unopposed if your opponent declares no defenders in an engagement. Doesn't matter if he has ready or exhausted units available, if he does not or cannot declare them as defenders they do not count.

Unit and tactics icons do not damage objectives. The unopposed bonus just gives you one extra free blast damage at the end of the engagement. You can get it at all three engagements if your opponent declares no defenders for all three engagements.

I just started playing and I didn't want to start a new thread for this. Just to be completely clear. If all of my opponents units are exhausted he CANNOT declare them as defenders? So I would be unopposed? I would also win the edge battle and get the unopposed bonus?

Thanks

Chris

Yes that is correct

Awesome. Thanks for the quick response!

Also of note: If the defender does not oppose the engagement you may still play cards into an edge stack.

Point of clarification: if your opponent does not declare any defenders but removes your attacking unit(s) from the engagement during either of the action windows that happen before the edge battle begins, then a.) you cannot place cards into the edge battle, b.) you are still considered to have won the edge battle, and c.) you would not receive an unopposed bonus.

Also keep in mind that even though your opponent might have no ready units at the moment you declare your attack, this doesn't mean they don't have a trick up their sleeve.

After you declare attackers, there is an Action Window during which your opponent can still bring a unit into play (DS: " Backstabber ", Mercenary Support , etc; LS: Admiral Ackbar , Echo Base Technician , using the Falcon , etc) which can then be declared as defenders and quite probably mess up the strategy you had in mind.