Demo Playmat?

By cgrater, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

From the videos coming out of GenCon, Conquest is being demo'd on a special full-table playmat.

The mat looks like it has labeled slots for everything (warlord here, planets here, discard/deck here, etc). Is there going to be any way for people to buy these playmats? They would be fantastic for running demos at the FLGS!

Unlikely. Never seen them released before for any other LCGs. Would be cool though.

Unlikely. Never seen them released before for any other LCGs. Would be cool though.

Sigh.

I guess I can still dream, though...

If you can get a decent photo of it, you might be able to custom order one at some place like Inked Playmats, though. I have found that with 7 planets laid out horizontally for this game, the standard-sized playmat is quite useless and too small to use while playing the game. Perhaps one should just use the playmat to represent their own HQ and the planets are on neither players mat?

We put planets between the two players and their mats.

Edited by Toqtamish

If you can get a decent photo of it, you might be able to custom order one at some place like Inked Playmats, though. I have found that with 7 planets laid out horizontally for this game, the standard-sized playmat is quite useless and too small to use while playing the game. Perhaps one should just use the playmat to represent their own HQ and the planets are on neither players mat?

From the videos coming out of GenCon, Conquest is being demo'd on a special full-table playmat.

The mat looks like it has labeled slots for everything (warlord here, planets here, discard/deck here, etc). Is there going to be any way for people to buy these playmats? They would be fantastic for running demos at the FLGS!

I asked them during the demo. It was specially made for the Gencon demo, just paper taped to a table not even play mat material.

I asked them during the demo. It was specially made for the Gencon demo, just paper taped to a table not even play mat material.

Ooohhh...well, maybe FFG will host the file somewhere and people who want to do FLGS demos can print their own out and take it to the shop?

Ooohhh...well, maybe FFG will host the file somewhere and people who want to do FLGS demos can print their own out and take it to the shop?

This.

Please this~~!