F&D specs and SW characters (Canon & EU)

By Wulfherr, in General Discussion

So if you were to assign example/archetypal characters, both from canon and EU to each specialization in F&D, what would the list look like? Who would be who? :)

Of course I realize that most characters would be a combination of several specs, but I'm curious to see with whom in mind were the specs designed in people's opinion.

Here are my choices:

Healer - There is a female Mon Calamari, daughter of Admiral Ackbar, from the New Jedi Order. Many Jedis in the novels dip into the Healer specialization for the Healing Trance talent.

Advisor and Seer - thats Yoda.

Pathfinder - Jacen Solo because of his Animal Empathy.

Artisan - Anakin Skywalker

Aggressor - Darth Maul

Starfighter Ace - Anakin Skywalker, Luke Skywalker, Jaina Solo

Force Powers:

Bind - thats Darth Vaders Force Choke.

Heal . Obiwan used Heal on Luke Skywalker after the Tusken Raider assault.

Harm - a favorite among Siths.

Influence - the Jedi Mind Trick. A favorite of Obiwan.

Misdirect - one of Corran Horns powers.

Protect - catch Force Lightning

Unleash - this is Force Lightning

Seek - a favorite among Gand force sensitives.

To add to Alisair list:

Peacekeeper & Soresu Defender: Obi-Wan Kenobi

Shien Expert: Anakin Skywalker

Ataru Striker: Yoda, Qui-Gon Jin

Advisor,Seer,Sage: Palpatine

Edited by Lareg

Wedge Antillies dips Starfighter Ace, on a single force die... to go with his Ace Pilot, Ace Gunner, Ace Driver, Squad leader, Commodore, and all the other trees that have anything to do with space combat.

Wedge doesn't get automatic force rating though since he's in the Ace Career.

Phineas & Ferb: Both of them are Sentinels with the Artisan Specialization and the Technician Specializations of Mechanic and Outlaw Tech.

OK, technically they shouldn't be canon or EA, but the Star Wars special the way it was done, the characters paralleling the Episode 4 storyline was just to funny. BTW, the Fireside Girl's handbook works just like a Jedi Holocron in my book.

OH, and Ahsoka Tano: Shein Expert/Ataru Striker. Maybe some Shadow and Protector too.

I find it interesting people go artisian for Anakin, I look at him and see the full warrior, all three specs and just a high mechanics score for fun and versatility...

I find it interesting people go artisian for Anakin, I look at him and see the full warrior, all three specs and just a high mechanics score for fun and versatility...

He must have purchased mechanics with one of his 2 free out of career skills for being human.

Personally, when I think Artisan, I think Jedi Master Kazdan Paratus .

He could have all of that...

Luke, for instance, I'd say has, by the end of RotJ, some Shii-Cho, Shien, Ataru, and Soresu, while also certainly having not just Starfighter Ace, but also Ace Pilot and Ace Gunner probably.

In a F&D game, Wedge Antillies would be a Charls Atlas Superpower, (someone who trains so hard he might s well have magic, even if he doesnt) a Warrior/Starfighter Ace, Pilot, Driver, Gunner, SquadronLeader, and Commodore. His only force power would be Sence for the "be harder to hit" abilities, keeping his single force die comitted at all times, at an XP level where his jedi friends (Luke and Corran) are throwing around half a dozen force dice.

I would say that by the end of the Battle of Hoth, Luke Skywalker has gone deep down both the Ace Pilot and the Ace Gunner tree, and bought most of Force Sensitive Emergent tree, and he's managed to pick up the basic move power.

After his training on Dagobah he's learned Enhance with two control upgrades, and Foresee power with at least 1 strength upgrade. He's also picked up Shien Expert and advanced pretty far down this tree, picking up both Parry upgrades, Counter Strike, and Defensive Stance. At this this point he's able to hold his own against Vader for a time before being wiped out later and losing his hand.

By the time Return of the Jedi begins Luke has been studying a lightsaber training manual left for him by Obi-wan Kenobi and learned some other lightsaber techniques as well to complete the Shien tree for with all the Reflect upgrades and Improve Reflect.

So basically, you can do a pretty good impersonation of Luke Skywalker starting with Ace Pilot and adding about 3 more skill trees, and getting some major upgrades on the force powers present in Age of Rebellion.

Incidentally, that would get Luke to about Force Rating 2 during Return of the Jedi.

Edited by strongarm85

I would say that by the end of the Battle of Hoth, Luke Skywalker has gone deep down both the Ace Pilot and the Ace Gunner tree, and bought most of Force Sensitive Emergent tree, and he's managed to pick up the basic move power.

After his training on Dagobah he's learned Enhance with two control upgrades, and Foresee power with at least 1 strength upgrade. He's also picked up Shien Expert and advanced pretty far down this tree, picking up both Parry upgrades, Counter Strike, and Defensive Stance. At this this point he's able to hold his own against Vader for a time before being wiped out later and losing his hand.

By the time Return of the Jedi begins Luke has been studying a lightsaber training manual left for him by Obi-wan Kenobi and learned some other lightsaber techniques as well to complete the Shien tree for with all the Reflect upgrades and Improve Reflect.

So basically, you can do a pretty good impersonation of Luke Skywalker starting with Ace Pilot and adding about 3 more skill trees, and getting some major upgrades on the force powers present in Age of Rebellion.

Incidentally, that would get Luke to about Force Rating 2 during Return of the Jedi.

Sounds pretty good, though I think I'd put him at a bit more than FR 2, and he would need some further upgrades to Foresee...how long a trip is it from Dagobah to Bespin?

He also probably has Sense fairly developed, not to mention Influence going to at least the Mind Trick control upgrade. He may also have Seek to detect Vader (or it could be Sense he's using at a very long distance).

That's a pretty good point. I think picking up Force Sensitive Exile from is also pretty justifiable for Luke during the year that he spent on Tatooine between movies studying Obi-wan's training material that was left behind for him. Which would also account for the time spent learning Sense and Mind Trick. Seek also makes even if it's just the basic power with no upgrades.

There is a sense in Return of the Jedi that Luke has been busy honing his skills during the year between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

Luke's reactions in general are much faster in Jedi, which would account for Quick Draw. 6th Sense and Superior Reflexes also each give Luke a better defense rating.

That gets Luke to Force Rating 3 as well.

It's also possible that by the end of the Return of the Jedi that Luke has dabbled in the Shadow Tree. He clearly makes use of the Shroud Talent to make himself undetectable by Vader via the force. That also gives him a Slight of Mind to help him hide from Vader.

I think that pretty much covers all the basics though.