Protect power not an incidental kind of limits it

By yeti1069, in Game Mechanics

Then your expectations are the problem, not the power. It's a FR 3 minimum prereq to just buy it and that's bare minimum. So right from go this is not an entry level power. The base power clearly shows you need a rock solid Discipline and Willpower to get a decent effect. To say you shouldn't have to spend a lot of xp on something that provides as much defense as it does isn't a reasonable expectation.

I dont see where is says there's a Force Rating minimum, just where it says you need 2 force pips to activate it.

The Gammoreans are a minion group (i.e. disposable set dressing), and are targeted as a single entity when Luke strides in.

They're targeted as a group but are affected individually. If it's not a damaging attack you don't normally carry over onto the others.

It's a bit of a GM's call as to whether you can do it, I guess. Blast weapons do work the way you describe, but I didn't think the Force did. The move power uses magnitude to hurl multiple objects.

Rakaydos, look at the top of the page. It tells you the requirements to take a given power. This book introduces powers that need more then 1 Force Rating.

Then your expectations are the problem, not the power. It's a FR 3 minimum prereq to just buy it and that's bare minimum. So right from go this is not an entry level power. The base power clearly shows you need a rock solid Discipline and Willpower to get a decent effect. To say you shouldn't have to spend a lot of xp on something that provides as much defense as it does isn't a reasonable expectation.

I dont see where is says there's a Force Rating minimum, just where it says you need 2 force pips to activate it.

He's referring to purchasing the power, which says right under the power's name:

Prerequisite : Force Rating 3 +

So you'd need Force Rating of 3 just to get the power in the first place, in contrast to the powers that first showed up in the other two core rulebooks where you only needed a minimum Force Rating of 1.