First play impressions? Gencon atmosphere?

By rzarectz, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Darik, we're totally doing the same thing. But we're getting close now to starting to build our own from what we have (a friend and I each have our own copy for now and plan to get multiples once it releases in full).

Loving it a bunch - a great setting married to good mechanics that match that setting along with sterling art and production values is nearly a no-lose situation. :D

Darik, we're totally doing the same thing. But we're getting close now to starting to build our own from what we have (a friend and I each have our own copy for now and plan to get multiples once it releases in full).

Loving it a bunch - a great setting married to good mechanics that match that setting along with sterling art and production values is nearly a no-lose situation. :D

Question for those of you who played and loved Warhammer Invasion. How does the feel of combat compare? One thing I've noticed of other LCGs, is that the combat (or encounters/interactions, whatever you want to call them) doesn't seem to match the awesomeness of the head on, intense, and uncertain (due to the unknowns of potential Tactic play) that the Invasion design fostered.

Would be great to get the Invasion vets' perspectives on how the two games interactivity compares. I'm worried that these "planets" are going to segregate a little to much and make each battle less epic and decisive..