Tyrranid Stats Needed

By Quietus1, in Black Crusade Game Masters

Hey folks. I need to know where I can find stats on the majority of tyrranid bioforms. Gaunts, gargoyles, tyrants, carnifexes, tyrranofexes, etc. What books (if any) have these?

Codex tyranids. :-)

Ok just kidding.

Deathwatch:

main rulebook ( gaunts, hive tyrant, warriors)

Mark of the xenos (carnifex, lictors, gargoyle, genestealer, ravener, ripper swarm, trygon, tyrant guard, venomthrope, zoanthrope)

dark heresy also has genstealers and lictors in "creatures anathema" and rogue trade has a creature generator in "the koronus bestiary".

Edited by Robin Graves

^ What he said!

Keep in mind that this stuff is scaled to its respective games, though. The Genestealers in Dark Heresy, for example, are weaker than the ones in Deathwatch. Depending on how your group composition looks like, it might be wise to adjust any stats you "adopt" accordingly.

The ones in Deathwatch should be comparable in terms of power level.

There is an instructions in BC CRB that states how you can bring Characters from other lines to BC

What skills/talents/traits have changed/condensed/dropped out and how you can change Unnatural Characteristics from Multipliers to flat numerical increase.

The Genestealers in DH are a joke. I would not drop them against "BC" characters. Go for "Mark of Xenos".

Guys, Mark of the Xenos Genestealers and Creatures Anathema Genestealers are almost the same.

In fact, throughout the books, except in the original DH core, the stat blocks are more or less the same. Only War Orks are more or less identical to DH Orks, except that their TB is 2 lower and some talents function differently.

Edited by bogi_khaosa

The Genestealers in DH are a joke. I would not drop them against "BC" characters. Go for "Mark of Xenos".

I used MoX genestealers against RT characters. And they were a joke.

Guys, Mark of the Xenos Genestealers and Creatures Anathema Genestealers are almost the same.

In fact, throughout the books, except in the original DH core, the stat blocks are more or less the same. Only War Orks are more or less identical to DH Orks, except that their TB is 2 lower and some talents function differently.

True. The interesting thing really is how they are almost identical, but not quite.

Are they being re-jigged each time, or do the authors of each line make up new stats each time, instead of copy-pasting?

Different strains of genstealers from sepearte splinter fleets...

But i think it's good that you have some differences. You don't want a bunch of acolites with a few lasguns and pistols, (where guardsman has the best armor) go up against the 'stealers that can rip SM terminators in half.

But i think it's good that you have some differences. You don't want a bunch of acolites with a few lasguns and pistols, (where guardsman has the best armor) go up against the 'stealers that can rip SM terminators in half.

are very different

In the end, combat results would be fairly similar.

Similar enough that I've stopped caring which version I use against what groups.

Just take Auran-strain Genestealer and MoX Purestrain Genestealer under Comparison.

Auran-strain isn't as tough as Purestrain but faster and stronger. And it's Claws (1d10+14 R, Pen 7, Razor Sharp, Tearing)

And I know people have cried that Auran-strain are broken but who doesn't like some challenge

Edited by Routa-maa

I first noticed it with orks, but it seems to be entirely general for stated critters

You missed the point: Their stats are different, but not very different .

In the end, combat results would be fairly similar.

Similar enough that I've stopped caring which version I use against what groups.

Yeah you're right. I just realised as they could rip trough terminators they could prolly also rip trough acolytes :)

There is an instructions in BC CRB that states how you can bring Characters from other lines to BC

Yeah, every book has a text block like that. I still wouldn't recommend it - the games are different and designed to be internally balanced. Ever asked yourself why Deathwatch autoguns are incapable of autofire? :D

That said, what does OP's group look like? Are we talking CSM here? Humans? Mixed?

There is also a lot of tyranid stats in the Jerico reach book...including Bio-titans!

Yeah, every book has a text block like that. I still wouldn't recommend it - the games are different and designed to be internally balanced. Ever asked yourself why Deathwatch autoguns are incapable of autofire? :D

That said, what does OP's group look like? Are we talking CSM here? Humans? Mixed?

Thank you all for the replies.

Basically, I am planning ahead: right now the party is a DH group of acolytes that, if things go as planned, will eventually graduate to BC and convert characters to that system. Operating under the assumption that everything happens as I think it will (possibly a flawed assumption :P ), the party at that point would consist of 2 Renegades (one with daemonic traits), a Tech Magos of Forge Polix (or whatever its called; the Sorcerer-heretek from one of the expansion books), and a rogue psyker with some nurgle blessings.

The planet they are on has, unbeknowest to them, a genestealer cult infestation. At some point, the planet (an imperial world out on the western fringes) will be taken over by chaos, around the time I estimate the players will be serving said chaos. At some point after that, I plan on having them sent back to this planet to help fight off a full scale tyranid invasion (obviously as part of a much larger force, not by themselves).

Just a word of warning with the Tyranids, specifically their weapons: They don't scale.

A pair of Scything Talons on a Hive Tyrant does pretty much the same thing (sans Strength Bonus) on a Hormagaunt. Their Pen value doesn't shift depending upon the size of the creature using them, nor does their base Damage dice. This won't be a problem vs human opponents, but when you're throwing Marines into the mix you might find situations where the Tyranids simply can't hurt them because their primary weapon can't penetrate their armour or roll enough damage to get past their full Damage sink.

BYE

Just a word of warning with the Tyranids, specifically their weapons: They don't scale.

A pair of Scything Talons on a Hive Tyrant does pretty much the same thing (sans Strength Bonus) on a Hormagaunt. Their Pen value doesn't shift depending upon the size of the creature using them, nor does their base Damage dice. This won't be a problem vs human opponents, but when you're throwing Marines into the mix you might find situations where the Tyranids simply can't hurt them because their primary weapon can't penetrate their armour or roll enough damage to get past their full Damage sink.

BYE

Our GM eventually gave all the larger nids touched by fate (0) so they could hit RF. By far, the genestealers are the most deadly to marines from all the non-synaptic creatures.