99 bucks

By peterstepon, in Star Wars: Armada

It would be great to buy this game, but the price tag of 99 bucks looks a little steep. Any chance that the retail price might be lower?

You'll likely get it cheaper online. I'd guess Mini Market or Cool Stuff will sell it for $70-80.

But the retail price at a LGS will likely be $100.

I doubt the official price will drop. As has been discussed in other threads, for what you are getting it is a good price, and FFG has probably set it as low as they reasonably could (as they typically do with starter sets). In the end it is a much more ambitious and complex game than X-Wing, with a bigger entry level price point, though it is hardly out of line with what one would typically expect from a miniature game. We've all just been spoiled by X-Wing which is DIRT cheap compared to most mini games.

That being said, as VanorDM points out, you will likely be able to get it for cheaper. My local store does a fairly standard 25% off retail discount, and there will be numerous online sources offering the same.

If X-wing is any indication, retail prices will drop eventually. You can get an X-wing core set for about $25 to $30 for a couple of years now, as opposed to the $39,95 it's still on FFG.

Edited by keroko

If X-wing is any indication, retail prices will drop eventually.

Many retail stores still list it for $40. Online retailers on the other hand typically offer discounts.

Target clearances them as well, I got 4 for 20 bucks each around xmas time... and sometimes you can find them cheaper.

Target clearances them as well...

Some do, some don't. I know I've never seen them on clearance where I live.