Goblin's spree capacity

By kinor, in Blood Bowl: Team Manager

Hi,

i have a question concerning the spree capacity of goblins.

During a matchup, i played a goblin player with the spree capacity.

The rule says that when played, the manager draw the top card of his deck team. If it's player with a standing power of two or less, he commits him to the matchup and resolves immediately his skills.

My question is : if the drawn player is another goblin with the spree capacity, can we use it anew (and draw another card) or not, knowing that he has...no skills (unlike the goblin runner, the pogoer, the looney, the fanatic or the bombardier) ?

In one word, is the spree capacity is considered as a skill or not ?

Thank you.

Edited by kinor

I don't think so. Skills are just the icons on the card, the text below refers to abilities, including come into play abilities like Spree. So no, you can't chain Spree abilities. Your extra player will execute his skills if he has any (before the player you commited at the first place) but that's it. You should ignore the come into play abilty. Abilities on the extra player are still valid thorough the game, though. Just not when you execute Spree.

Edited by Indalecio

Ok, thank you for your always helpful answers, Indalecio.

Next time, i will play this goblin team in a different way.

[Also posted at BGG]

I believe the intention here is that yes, Spree can cause a lengthy chain reaction of committing players. Think of it this way: 10 of the 12 cards in the team are star power 2 or less. That means their overall star power is pretty weak. However, a good chain reaction can cause a swarm reinforced from your team deck, which is thematic to goblins using sheer numbers to make up for their relatively individual weakness. The team really plays differently in that when you draft a freebooter, you might not want to remove that 1 star-power player. Or consider when there is a choice of drafting 1 or more players. Unlike most of the time with other teams where you take the 4 or 5 star power player, you might actually want the 2 star player.

Edited by Scottgun

I submitted the question to FFG just in case. Will let you know once I get the answer.

Edited by Indalecio

I don't think so. Skills are just the icons on the card, the text below refers to abilities, including come into play abilities like Spree. So no, you can't chain Spree abilities. Your extra player will execute his skills if he has any (before the player you commited at the first place) but that's it. You should ignore the come into play abilty. Abilities on the extra player are still valid thorough the game, though. Just not when you execute Spree.

I agree/

[Also posted at BGG]

I believe the intention here is that yes, Spree can cause a lengthy chain reaction of committing players. Think of it this way: 10 of the 12 cards in the team are star power 2 or less. That means their overall star power is pretty weak. However, a good chain reaction can cause a swarm reinforced from your team deck, which is thematic to goblins using sheer numbers to make up for their relatively individual weakness. The team really plays differently in that when you draft a freebooter, you might not want to remove that 1 star-power player. Or consider when there is a choice of drafting 1 or more players. Unlike most of the time with other teams where you take the 4 or 5 star power player, you might actually want the 2 star player.

so, with avvery lucky shuffle... you can get 10 goblins on the same match, and be sure that next 5-6 players, will be all 3+ ;) I already love goblins

Edited by Koma76

Justin Walden replied to my query and he confirmed that you CAN chain Spree.

Oh we can chain spree ?! So that's the contrary of what you told me in your last answer. But who is Justin Walden ?

Yeah I know :) I was under the impression that the rules made a clear distinction between skills and abilities, although I can agree that it makes sense thematically. Not going to argue about that if the game designer himself says you can do it, lol.