Deployment Cards in Tournaments.

By TezzasGames, in Warhammer: Diskwars

Page 2 of the Tournament Rules state that:

A player cannot bring more than one copy of each component - 12 deployment cards.

The core set has 12 deployment cards but 3 of them (Advance, Ambush and Detachment) are duplicated. If players are forbidden to bring duplicate cards, how many should they bring to the tournament?

Each expansion adds a different deployment card, so at most only 11 unique deployment cards can be fielded.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. So far, the rules for this game have been full of mistakes, and the latest version of the FAQ and Tournament rules are no exception. :(

I own a games shop (hence my name) and I want to start running some organised play for Diskwars. I like the look of the game, it's quirky cool.

Unfortunately, the rule book and FAQs are not that well written compared to other FFG games. Both of them took multiple readings to absorb the gist of what should be a 'simple' game.

I like to have all loop-holes closed when I am Judge/TO.

I'll probably make a ruling that the set of 12 Core Set Deployment cards are fine (using the duplicates). If a player wants to use an expansion Deployment card, then it must replace one of the Core Set duplicate cards.

That seems to be a reasonable interpretation.

Not sure if I missed it, but is there anything in the tournament rules that says how you determine who's deck you use?

Since deck tuning is going to be a thing for deployment zones and terrain, it seems like determining who's deck will get used would be important.

Edited by MechaBri.Zilla

The player who loses initiative must supply the deployment, scenario and terrain cards. It's on Page 3 of the Tournament Rules.

How many

The player who loses initiative must supply the deployment, scenario and terrain cards. It's on Page 3 of the Tournament Rules.

How many cards?

It's listed on Page 2 of the downloadable Tournament Rules document...

5 Scenario Cards

12 Deployment Cards

5 Terrain Cards.

"Exception: A player can bring two copies of the "Detachment", "Ambush" and "Advance" deployment cards!

I can't see the answer for looking!!! Arrggghh!!! Was this updated in the past day or so?

Problem solved!

Thanks, FFG!