Future Slaanesh/Nurgle units?

By RedDawn2, in Warhammer: Diskwars

I know Demonettes are already out, and Hellstriders are I think Slaanesh calvary, but are there plans for more Slaanesh units?

Slaanesh is my favorite chaos god, so a Keeper of Secrets would be perfect, and maybe Steeds of Slaanesh or a Slaanesh-aligned hero. I think it would be a great way to introduce mind control effects, though that would obviously take some balancing. Or maybe an ability or command card that forces an enemy unit within short range to flip onto one of its allies in short range. Hugs for days, essentially.

A Seduction mechanic could work too, forcing a unit to flip closer to the user, who would ideally have the proper defensive stats to capitalize on that.

Slaanesh tends to take a back seat, if any at all, in most warhammer games, but hopefully we can see some more soon. I would take some Nurglings and a Great Unclean One if not though :D .

The Screamers are Slaanesh as well. At this point Slaanesh has more of a representation on the demon side. The problem with going demon heavy is that Chaos is supposed to have more than just Kurgen Marauders for humans. Don't get me wrong, I love throwing with an army of Daemonettes more than Kurgen Marauders, one point more expensive, but extremely lethal, especially with the scenario that lets them flip an extra time and the command card that lets them flip an extra time. The other problem is that after a certain point when it comes to small disks, you are going to see some overlap, IE bloodletters stat line would likely be similar to Kurgan Marauders maybe with Frenzy or something so they aren't seen as just Daemonettes in funny clothes if they get Swift, or Grave Guard in funny clothes getting 1 attack/defense when pinning a small disk. I think that because of the limitations to Diskwars, we will see some rather severe limitations to certain units in the game, IE Lord of Change wouldn't be as impressive.

I've never really been a chaos fan, but when I have been interested it is more in the human units than the demons. I would like to see some warriors of chaos or some chaos knights for sure rather than more demons, but I won't complain if there are any new disks released!

Also, I am wondering when some chariots will be released for any factions that have access to them. The skycutter just doesn't cut it for chariot options... yes, that horrible pun was fully intended. I guess we have Grom as well, but some generics would be nice, too, and it would certainly be an option for chaos.

I thought that Screamers are actually Tzeentch? At least, that's according to the wikis I looked up.

While I do see the argument for the nature of a disk game limiting unit diversity, I think that's really up to FFG and how creative they want to be. They could go for the idea of Bloodletters that just have Frenzy, but they could also make it more interesting give them an ability like "Bloodfury X" which would allow them to gain X additional movement points if there's a damaged unit within a certain range. That would give them good synergy with Impact, ranged, and Magic units but they'd still feel like Bloodletters.

Or for Nurgle/Slaanesh units, they could introduce a "Host" mechanic, that could allow certain units to reinforce different kinds of mini-units, like static tentacles, sores, or clouds of flies. There's still a lot of room left to interact with terrain as well.

I still see a lot of potential; some of the creative minds at FFG could still make interesting mechanics and units, I'm sure.

I am quite sure that screamers are Tzeentch. They seem to be related to the Flying Discs of Tzeentch, and their whole design is so tzeentchotic.

But back to the topic: For Nurgle Units I would vote for Nurglings. The little buggers are so **** cute <3 Also, no Nurgle based Army can be complete without a Great Unclean One. A-must-have! Here I like reddawns idea of "host", so e.g. it would be awesome to have actually a Great Unclean One with the possibility to introduce Nurglings, flies etc. via reinforce into the game... useful and fluffy at the same time. or to spread "poison" as a activation action to nearby units or something like that.

For Slaanesh, I do not know. Beast of Slaanesh are already in it, and deamonettes as well. Maybe a Keeper of Secrets. Every Chaos God should have his own Greater Demon on the field.

Edited by Katsuyori

You are right, with the Screamers, they are Tzeentch. I could see Beasts of Nurgle, but, as I said before there is a limit to what they can put in the game just because the disks are limited by abilities, ultimately you will run into 'same disk different name' syndrome.