Release date?

By Hutton1670, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

I'm a noob...Can someone explain the release date of this game?? According to the "color co-ordinates" of Fantasy Flight..it's in a couple of weeks...Green.

Some folks declare that it is at Gen Con....cool...Can I send my friends going to Gen Con money so that they can buy the game for me?

And now I hear that I have to wait till mid September? WTF? Please tell me that is bull.

Anyways...I am really confused about this release. Any info would be incredibly appreciated.

I'm pretty sure it's still listed as yellow, or "on the boat." This means that it hasn't arrived at the FFG central warehouse yet, but should in the next few weeks. Once it gets there, it needs to be sent to distributors, who then send it to local stores. So yeah, by that process you probably are looking at mid- to late-September.

However, the game is indeed scheduled for world premiere release at Gencon Indy (about a week). There are introductory tourneys scheduled and everything. You can get your friends going to Gencon to buy it for you at the FFG dealer booth - but history says they'd better do it first thing on Thursday. Supplies are likely to be gone before mid-day on Friday.

FFG usually has product available early at Gen Con, but it won't officially hit store shelves around the world for a few weeks afterward. Conquest is currently on the boat, which takes 7 weeks +/- 1 from the day it leaves China to get it into your LGS. That puts it squarely in the second half of September.

Edited by WonderWAAAGH

So Gen Con is next week? I was wondering what the days were just to know when to look for all the spoilers

GenCon is August 14-17. Worldeater t ournament is on Saturday the 16th.

And thank goodness that it has been confirmed that FFG will have boxes for those in the Saturday tourney. Thank you FFG.

Is playing in the Saturday tourney going to be the only way to get a box early? I was really hoping to try and snag a box on Thursday or Friday at Gen Con to bust open and play some games with friends.

Anyone can buy the box at Gencon -- while supplies last. (Expect to get it early or not at all. Snagging one on Thursday or Friday might be the only option.)

They're just going to put one box for each person in the Saturday tourney off to the side FOR the tourney players. Go to the booth any time before the event, show your ticket, and get your box.

My understanding is that decks for the Worldeater tournament must be constructed from a single Core Set box -- even if you do manage to snag 3 before they sell out.

Looks like I'll be running around like crazy Thursday morning haha. Wish I could hit Fantasy Flight first, but I told some buddies I'd help get exclusives from another company. **** me and my big heart.