Kurse?

By Gregorius21778, in Black Crusade

Greetings,

I noted that some of the "Books of..." include a little more detail on some of the worlds of the Vortex.

Is one of them containing inforamtion on Kurse? And if so, how much?

Thanks in advance

BC Tome of Blood p.94

Hi Routa-maa,

thanks! How many pages are given to the background? Is it worthwhile or just "grim-dark banter"?
Any special items/classes something from Kurse mentioned in the book?

About 4 pages about Kurse and then 3 pages about typical adversaries that you can encounter in Kurse. (the Vexed, Pit Brute, Kursian Warp Hound and Mutilators.)

5 Kursian pit weapons that require Exotic Weapon Training (Kursian pit weapons) to use.

No any specific classes that come from Kurse. Xurunt Frostfather and Chem-hunter of Messia for Human Heretics.

Worlds also contained in Tome of Blood

Berin & Asphodel

Crucible

Furia

Messia

Xurunt

The War Moons of Talax

Many thanks! Just bought it and it gives me a good picture of that world.

Sadly, it is even more barbaric then I thought. I had hoped for something a little more "Mad Max" and a little less "unkh! Me kills but is afraid of following into jungle or ruins towers". But hey, might have it uses ;)

Well nothing ever tells you from making little modifications to that place. Possibly there is desert area where you can find the Humungus and his gang cruising in their bad ass vehicles.

Messia is the Mad Max world. Also in Tome of Blood.

BYE

Routa-Maa and HBMC both make good points, either tweak Kurse until it is the type of planet you are looking for all else get all Mad Max in Messia, with mutants!

But seriously, Messia is really the perfect Mad Max style planet; huge, endless waste, extreme reliance on a single resource (fuel, for survival, raiding and gathering more fuel), tyrannical oppression or anarchy in the cities, huge bands of colorful rival raider clans, over the top personas in the city overlords, the drill-barons, and the raider leaders.

And, as an added layer of fun, you get the mutants, which conveniently come in both flavors of zombie. It's really Mad Max + zombie apocalypse blended together and seen through a grimdark filter.