Different miniatures or not?

By Gryps, in DungeonQuest Revised Edition

Hello!

As a miniatures collector I just have to ask:

Will the DungeonQuest Revised Edition contain different miniature sculpts than the current one or not?

Thank you in advance!

FFG has already responded to people asking this question. They will be the same sculpts as the 2010 edition.

Pitty!

Miniature resculpts would alone make me buy the revised edition...

Brother Gherinn has already been resculpted for Descent 2; the rest might be resculpted for that game in the future.

Brother Gherinn has already been resculpted for Descent 2; the rest might be resculpted for that game in the future.

I'm sure they will release re-sculpts of all the DQ heroes in those D2E rehash packs, in time. They might even make a special "DQ new heroes" pack that collects the 6 DQ new sculpts in one box for the benefit of DQ players who want them. That, of course, would benefit owners of the old and the new revisions equally.

I doubt they'd just start including the new sculpts in the Revised Edition box after they've all been released, though. That would only serve to piss off everyone who bought the Revised Edition before all 6 re-sculpts were out. (It might also lead to a marked increase in customer support emails about "help, my dog ate all 6 of my DQ heroes last night" =P)

The only way I could see the new sculpts in the box is if they released an official 4th edition ("re-revised edition?") after all the sculpts were available. And that, in itself, seems excessive.

Agreed.

It baffles me why they updated the DungeonQuest hero and monster art and sculpts for Descent, but not in their own game. If they used the new art for DQRE, then DQRE could match Descent 2, while DQ3 was left to match Descent 1.

Now DQRE feels like DQ3 minus the bonus cards for the old games. It's fine to take out cards for out of print games but I would have updated the art too. Just to make DungeonQuest seem more relevant with Descent and the newer Terrinoth games.

Besides, Runebound 3 might happen. Would have been cool to have DQRE, D2, and RB3 all updated from their older versions.

Edited by Artaterxes