Dual Shot and Criticals

By darkwatcher2, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Hi all,

We came across this little curiosity last night. My Secluse decided to open negotiations with the obviliously evil cultists with a coulpe of friendly warning head-shots.

Using Dual Shot he shot a las-pistol and a man-stopper stub-auto round, hitting a surprised enemy. With mighty shot adding in to the totals he did lots of damage resulting in a critical damage reference. Now the question is, given that the two shots are summed and treated as one, how would you resolve the fact that one was an (E) energy damage, and the other an (I) impact damage? Which critical table should be used?

Thoughts?

For the purposes of the game, the GM growled at me for causing complications, and then reasoned that the impact table would be used merely because the stub-auto's shot was with an armour piercing round. It therefore punched through the armour to do the most damage. Fortunately this blew the cultist's head off. I will soon be buying a second stub-auto, which will remove this issue altogether.

Hell, I would have applied both I and E for funsies. Nothing like flaming head chucks sailing through the air lighting everyone on fire like an Incendiary Grenade! Now that's the way to have fun ;-)

Graver said:

Hell, I would have applied both I and E for funsies. Nothing like flaming head chucks sailing through the air lighting everyone on fire like an Incendiary Grenade! Now that's the way to have fun ;-)

Yeah, all in the name of artistic licence!! But seriously, its not something that really needs to be spelled out in the rules - more like " which one of the critical entries do we like best " or simply " which weapon fired in which order? "

Two simple ways to resolve this. First is let the GM decide. Second is to roll a die to randomly determine which table. Frankly this shouldn't have been to difficult for the GM. The GM has final say on all matters and a random die roll since there was basically a 50/50 chance would have been easy to do.