Minions & Mounts

By Arvelus, in Black Crusade Rules Questions

So im creating Tzeentch-marked heretek, with Greater Minion.

That will be something like daemon binded in robes, that i wear on my back.

Seems easy.

Just treat this as mount (survival skill to ride checks).

Im hitted when on to-hit rolls result is double.

Minion is doing his attacks right after me, still in my initiative.

But... evasion checks?

By RAW that seems that i still use my dodge/parry, but that seems... inadequate.

I think that i missed something and that is stated somewhere that in place of my dodge/parry i use operate/survival. But i do not like assumptions. Could someone help me with this?

Attacking a Mounted Rider

Successful hits against mounted characters can strike either the mount or the rider depending on the roll to hit: if the roll was doubles, the shot hits the rider or any passengers (determine who is hit randomly). Hits to the rider and/or passengers are always assumed to hit the Body. Attackers can also use the Called Shot Action to specifically target the mount, rider, or passengers.

+

DODGE (AGILITY)

Dodge is the ability to avoid blows in melee, duck incoming fire or leap out of the way of falling debris. It combines nimbleness of movement with trained reflexes and an awareness of all kinds of danger . A character can use his Dodge Skill to dodge either melee attacks or ranged attacks. Dodging attacks is a made in response to a foe’s successful attack.

Emphasis mine, I'd either go with no Evasion depending on the situation, or a Dodge check.

Edited by Keffisch

So to get it right in my head,

You are going to make Greater Minion who is

-Daemon

-Binded in ropes

-You carry this bundle on your back, not the other way around

Sorry but that sound more like you are carrying the thing like this (you are Chewie, your minion is 3PO)

chewie2.jpg

So I would just play it like its backpack and when you are shot you are hit, normally.

If it would be more like this then I would understand it is a mount (you are the small guy, your Minion the big one)

Thunderdome-Master-Blaster.jpg

Edit: to the picture of Master Blaster

Edited by Routa-maa

I.. I'm not even sure if you are allowed to use yourself as a mount.

I'd say that this calls for some considerable GM input, no matter how you cut it. If it's just a small thing on your back, I don't see how the regular rules for hitting the rider/mount would apply.

Or are you saying that you will have something on your back, yet that will count as a mount, because... you're carrying it?

I'm so confused.

*takes more methylphenidate*

Think abut it as something like daemonic silk version of Iron Man suit.

b504d25249fc7a1cda9b900f7c0e33f0.jpg

That "small thing":

• (when worn) cover ~40-70% of my body
  • has his own characteristics (including Unn. Str and To (+4)) and can lift up 1,350kg (or more with successful Str check)
  • is able move on itself (including attacking)

That mean it can lift me up, what makes it able to be used as mount.

By balance:

Nothing disallow me to use some daemonic pony (or unique disc of Tzeentch) in place of this guy. Just like that idea of daemon-binded robes.

@Keffish

Hmmm... thx. That explains a lot.

One last question.

Is my interpretation that mount, when hitted, is also allowed to make his own evasion test, is correct?

Edited by Arvelus

"Warp dammit English"

Just one letter misread and the word changes it meaning. All the time read as rope, not robe.

"Ok so Silk Robe, or something similar, that has Daemon bound in it and you want to wear it!"

From Tome of Excess p.45

"• Daemonic: The mount is a Daemon and has the creature
Daemonic Trait. Riding Tests with Daemonic Mounts are always
Opposed Tests vs the mount’s Willpower. "
If you fail this test by 3 or greater DoF, the Daemon takes control like you had failed Daemonic Mastery test when wielding Daemon Weapon. This is just house rule I came up right now if any of my players ever want to make this also.
Still this sound quite cheesy to me.

Mounts are pretty cheesy : P

And note that in minion creation rules there is nothing about demonic mastery test when your minion is daemonic in nature.

For me, that just mean, that daemon is willing to serve, or his will is crushed, so he is unable to even try to rebel.

If I were the game master, I'd be inclined to ask for Daemonic Mastery tests instead of Loyalty tests, if the minion is daemonic.

But yeah, you're right, afaik, minions have nothing to do with Daemonic Mastery Tests in RAW.

That being said, a GM that allows you to make a serious Minion that uses you as a mount, using mount rules, deserves what he gets.

Edited by Fgdsfg