March Orders

By ThunderCloud, in A Game of Thrones: The Board Game

I should know the answer to this but I will ask to get other input just to be sure.

I have a march order in one territory and there are two sets of units surrounding my one territory, can I march into one area to engage a combat situation and with the remaining force that I have split up, can that then be marched into the other adjacent area to engage a combat? So basically, two combats with one march order? So forces from A move into B to fight, but the remaining forces in A move into C and begin another fight?

Subsequently, I have done a similar move with the same march order but only one of those moves was combat, the second move was moving into an unoccupied territory containing a castle (without a garrison). Was this move okay? So forces from Z move into Y to fight, but the remaining forces in Z move to X uncontested (no fight ensues).

Help

You can March in as many places as you have units... but you can ONLY START ONE COMBAT per march order.

Your second example is ok.

To add to what LeeTaeEun said, you must complete the non-combat moves first. So in your example, you would have had to do Z to X, then Z to Y.

And to clarify, as neither of your examples does it, marching against a garrison neutral territory is a combat. A lot of beginners mess that up.

You can March in as many places as you have units... but you can ONLY START ONE COMBAT per march order.

Your second example is ok.

Thanks for the info, I did initially think only 1 combat move per march order. Thanks for clarifying.