Really sorry for the questions

By empty1986m, in Elder Sign

okay so i picked up this game and some of its a little confusing.

First question how do players help each other the rule is a little hard to understand.

Second question when trying to complete a task and lets say the first one is 3 scrolls and 2 investigation symbols. And on the first role i dont get the whole line done do i have to remove a dice. And tagging on to the question when do i actaully have to remove a dice during the game.

Again im very sorry on the questions

oh and my last question say a monster appears and gets placed on a space that has a task. When doing that room say i use the card that lets me beat a monster, does that mean i still have to do the task that was under the monster.

Hello, there is no need to apologize.

1.) You can help each other either through character abilities - like Mandy Thompson's reroll of two dice, spells - "I can lock these two dice I don't need to complete this adventure and since you wanted to go over there, you can just use them to have an easier time there", or for example by "taking one for the team" and go to an adventure with the purpose of killing the annoying monsters that either block dice critical to other players, or help them having an easier time on the same adventure.

2.) You remove a die when you fail a task, just as you have said. However, before deciding to fail a task, you can still use your investigator's abilities (for example turning one terror result into peril with Michael McGlen), rerolls or spells to help you succeed.

3.) If you defeat that monster, you don't have to complete the task that was hidden under it.

thanks so much now it makes alot more sense.

A couple more things to be added to Klaymen's excellent post:

1) the game is cooperative also in another sense: everyone sitting at your table is playing against an AO. Even if there could be not so much "real" cooperation (helping others through abilities, securing dice with spells and so on). Hopefully future expansions will give the cooperative aspect also a greater importance.

2) remember also that when you fail to complete a task, you're allowed to focus one die / to ask for assistence, so that a die is discarded after you focus / assist.

Enjoy your games, never be sorry for any questions and if you have further doubts, just post!

And welcome to our community :)

2) remember also that when you fail to complete a task, you're allowed to focus one die / to ask for assistence, so that a die is discarded after you focus / assist.

Ok, I just bought Elder Sign: Omens on ios...I don't knnow if I'm being blonde here... How do I focus a glyph???

For Omens: after discarding a glyph, you can choose any of the remaining glyphs, tap on it and move it to the right of the screen. A small icon depicting investigators at that adventure will appear, and you can release the glyph on any of them.

Also, big important difference between Elder Sign tabletop and Omens: in Omens you can both focus and assist in the same turn, while this is not allowed in the tabletop version