Shattered Thought Card Ruling

By Dobro, in Warhammer Invasion Rules Questions

Hello All,

My friends and I have recently started playing Invasion and are really enjoying it, of course while playing we have come across some cards/rulings that have caused some debate. I was hoping the forums could help get us some clear answers so that we make the right calls.

My friend used an Orc deck and he played a unit card with 1 power, he used other cards to give the unit 2 additional power while attacking. In response I played Shattered Thought which makes him discard cards in his hand equal to target units power or sacrifice the unit.

The question was, what is considered the power? Is it just 1 power as it shows on the unit card? Or is it 3 because the unit received power buffs when attacking?

I hope I explained it clearly enough and thanks to everyone in advance for your help.

When card effects refer to a value, it is always the current value, the printed one plus all currently active modifiers. In your case, the unit currently has 3 power, so he'd have to discard 3 cards. It'd be different if Shattered Thought spoke explicitly of the printed power.

Note though that when an effect changes the amount of combat damage a unit deals, that's not considered to change its power.

Thanks for the response I appreciate it.